Chapter 24: Who Let The Devil In?

"I'm gonna ask you one more time, Where is he?", Aeuri bit his lip in both frustration and impatience. He looked down at Darwin with pure disgust in his face. He looked around the room to look for a window and then back to him with a smile creeping across his beautiful face.

"I have no idea what you are talking about", Darwin snapped with fury.

"Oh that's too bad. Maybe torturing you will be fun", Aeuri's face faded into anger at Darwin's tone. He grabbed Darwin by his neck and threw his arms upward. The roof above them warped open and the harsh sunlight poured them down roasting Darwin's skin at the moment.

Darwin hissed at the sharp fangs of sunlight piercing right through his skin. He looked away whimpering in pain as steam started spewing out from his body.

"Stop!" ,Darwin screamed in agony. Aeuri threw him across the room.

"I don't have the capacity to force you for an answer. Compulsion. Familiar? But I have a very painful way of extracting your mind while sapping your life out of you. And it's really painful it's gonna distort your beautiful face", Aeuri warned with narrow eyes towards him.

"Look, idiot. I actually don't know what you are talking about. Is that the way of asking someone? Rude", Darwin snapped back with a hint of sass.

"Oh did I forgot to mention a name? My bad. I'm sorry you have to lose 10 ribs because of my mistake", Aeuri snapped his finger and Darwin flew across the room and pinned upward to the wall beside him.

"This will be your eleventh if you don't answer me", He looked at Darwin hissing beside him with a taunting expression.

A silence crept in between them before Aeuri cleared his throat for another word. But before he could even say a thing Darwin flickered in front of him and dug his hands right through his chest. He took a good grip of his beating heart.

"That's the last time you'll lay a hand on me", Darwin send him daggers.

Aeuri gasped in pain and struggle as Darwin tightened his grip to his heart. For a moment, it felt like his blood was about to stop running through his veins. He grabbed Darwin's neck and dug his nails through his skin.

"I should have killed you when I had the chance", Aeuri narrowed his eyes and flames started circling around them.

"I'll take one heart in exchange of my ribs", Darwin's eyes turned red as he pulled Aeuri's heart from his chest. The fire around them put out and his body thud down the floor. He kicked his body hard sending it smashing to the floor.

Darwin grabbed his chest as he fell back into the wall hissing and fighting not to weep. His wounds healing slowly and he hasn't taken any rest since last day.

"You are all talk. Who are you? What do you want from me?", Darwin turned to the lifeless Aeuri across the room.

His body cannot take it any longer so he passed out. Surrendered to the call of nature as he closed his eyes and let the gravity pull him back to the ground in a thud. His thoughts spiralling in the wilderness of his mind. In a heartbeat, his eyes shut down and his mind fell into a deep slumber.

He woke up the next day still in the same position as he was yesterday, lying like a broken vase in the hard wooden floor bathing in his own blood. His skin rejuvenated and his wounds have already closed. He felt a strong surge of power and energy in his body after that slumber. He was about to gather his thoughts when he smelled something in the kitchen. His eyes snapped open at the thought of reality kicking him hard in the gut. He pulled himself up in a split second, scanned the room still with haze in his vision. He let out soft yawn and little grunts as he went on with his feet. He took his coat off then his inner shirt and then his pants then his underwear leaving only his marvelously carved body naked in the open air. He walked towards the smell of something like pancakes without any care about his nudity.