Chapter 5: Wyvern Slaughterer

The day when I accepted the Hero Game System changed my life forever. It felt almost surreal.

I equipped the Silver Knight armor. A blinding light surrounded my body. Hatsu, besides me looking dumbfounded. As the light faded, I was enveloped in shiny silver armor. Looking into a shattered window, I briefly checked out my appearance. I felt the power surging through my body as I wore the bulky armor. Originally, I thought it was going to be heavy but it felt more like my limbs, a part of myself. Everything about the armor gave off a noble feel to it. The clinking of the silver could be heard every time I moved a limb. A velvet scarf wrapped around my neck. At its tail, golden embroidery from which I could sense traces of mana. A helmet concealing my face had a crimson mane protruded from the top fluttering in the winds. A giant broadsword with golden engravings from the Dark Era in my left hand.

"Thanks Iris." I smiled.

"You're welcome," she said indifferently, "it is my job to assist the Owner of the Hero Game System."

Feeling more confident about my self, I charge towards the center of the wyvern horde. Transferring my almost limitless amount of mana to my legs, I make a powerful jump to the boundless blood red sky, leaving a crater in the ground.

So powerful. I thought.

As I progressed, the wyverns averted their attention away from the city and to me. Monsters are attracted to things containing high amounts of mana. By consuming those things with high mana capacity, the monsters grow stronger. I guess it is because the armor increases my mana capacity so much that the wyverns averted their attention.

Holding tightly onto the broadsword, I take one full swing at a wyvern. The wyvern split into two with its black blood spilling onto my armor. It was my first time using a broadsword but the feeling of being able to chop down a monster for once riled me up increasing my confidence. The blood that landed onto my armor was absorbed by the armor and so was the wyvern that was chopped in half. Suddenly notifications from the system rang in my ear.

[You have killed a wyvern]

[You have gained wyvern skill: Flame Magic]

[You have Level Upped]

[All stats increase by 1]

[Due to 10x multiplier on armor, all stats increase by 10 temporarily]

[You have Level Upped]

...

The notifications continued but I did not care. I kept slicing at each wyvern each swing getting lighter, stronger, and faster with only one thought in mind. Save Savior. With every swing, I took down a wyvern and with flight, I surpassed the speed of sound. Then an idea popped into my head.

Let's try something else.

According to the system, I could change my weapon's form with my will. I closed my eyes briefly, thinking about the weapon I want to weld.

Something that can pierce multiple wyverns at once.

Suddenly, my broadsword glowed as it became skinnier yet longer and more round. In my hand was a long silver spear. Instinctively, I 'lightly' threw the spear at the wyverns but I guess my 'lightly' was actually really strong. Before I knew it, the spear had pierced twenty wyverns and skewered three into a building. The wyverns that were hit by the spear froze in midair before, vaporized into nothing. At this point, I have slaughtered over a hundred low ranking wyverns and I have gained some of their skills.

Glancing at the Game screen, I check out which skills I have obtained. Scrolling through the long list of skills I realized I had some duplicate skills.