Chapter 13: Royal Cross Hospital

It was nine in the morning the next day. The sunlight filtered into condo 706 welcoming all its inhabitants, my family. I slept on a tatami mat (A Japanese mat made out of straw. A/N: They are very comfy to sleep on) set up in the center of the floor of my old bedroom before I left Shroelock. It was a white room with nothing in it. Just the hard wooden floor, the white painted walls, a rectangular window facing towards the apartment complex courtyard, a sliding door closet to my left, and a light.

Shoving off the fluffy comforters, I pulled myself out of the fluffy futon laid on top the tatami mat. Hatsu, who was curled up into a ball on top of a pillow, was sleeping soundly. He was still a cub so he needs some sleep in order to grow big an strong like his parents so I left him as is in the room.

Leaving the room, I shut the door quietly behind me and headed to the kitchen when I could smell an aroma of pancakes and bacon. Following the pleasant smell, I sat down at the dining room table where towers of pancakes and bacon could be seen. Across the table from me was my brother, Ethan, who was icing his nasty black eye and swollen cheek. Dad gave him a good beating last night. But his face, it was a mess, which made me stifle out a small laugh.

"Shut up," Ethan grumbled at me with his swollen face.

"You got what you got for being suicidal." I sighed.

"Aren't you going to heal me?" He pouted impatiently.

"Nope!" I snickered.

"Come on! I'm the older one here." He wailed.

"Well, you did this to yourself." I laughed sipping a cup of hot water.

Suddenly, mom came out with another tower of pancakes which I snatched with my fork the moment the plate came in contact with the table.

"No hunting for a week you got that." Mom warned waving the turner like a wand then chopped Ethan with her nondominant hand.

"Fine, I got it!" Ethan yelled in his pitiful state.

"Good," she gave a dangerous smile which emitted the aura of a demon. It sent shivers down my spine as well.

"I plan to visit Savior at Royal Cross Hospital today," I announced chewing with a mouthful of pancake in my mouth.

"What, you just got back yesterday though." My mother exclaimed.

"True, but I can't rest. I'm a part of the Savior's team so it's partially my responsibility, as the only unscathed member, to make sure my teammates are in good health. Plus, the Church will get on my case if I don't."

"The Church is quite annoying aren't they?" Ethan commented.

"They kind of have to." I let out a dry laugh swallowing the last of my breakfast.

"Don't you also have to register your Adventurers License here in Shorelock?" My mother asked.

"No, the Guild's System had changed so my License is registered in every city's Guild System. It's all computerized these days so it's rather convenient."

Ethan slammed his fork on the table.

"No way! I didn't know that." He said with astonishment.

"You've been in the Adventurers Guild two years longer than me and you still don't know this? For goodness sake, read the handbook will you for once." I sigh facepalming myself.

>>>

It was now ten in the morning. I left the condo complex with a half-awake Hatsu on my shoulder. Before heading out, my mother gave me a keycard to the condo so then I could get in without calling the condo, rather useful for the time being.