Chapter 16: The Monster Hunt Begins

The next day, I head back to the Adventurers Guild to take on another three quest. Hatsu decided not to come with me today as he wanted to rest. After all, he still is a cub so he needs all the rest he can get to become stronger. According to they System, all the quest are around similar difficulty except the last three so if I continue at this rate, I can complete all the quest in two months tops. Walking over to the billboard I compare the quests list to the. [Hundred Quest] list. Since I'm three times stronger than before and I have an abundant number of skills, I decided that I would take some easy monster hunting quest to test them out. If worse comes to worst, I'll use the Silver Knight Armor. After scrolling for a couple of minutes, I found three suitable quest.

[Quest Name: Slime Cores]

[Description: Gather ten slime cores, the don't need to be intact. Rather the more destroyed, the better]

[Time Limit: 7 days]

[Rewards: 800 kalas, Skill: [Taijitsu]]

[Quest Name: Goblin Sl*yer]

[Description: Collect the fragmented weapons of twenty goblins]

[Time Limit: 4 days]

[Rewards: Wolfang Dagger (Silver Rank), 1500 kalas]

[Quest Name: Black Dogs]

[Description: Collect two fangs from a Black Dog any additional fangs would be much appreciated]

[Time Limit: 6 days]

[Rewards: 1200 kalas with an additional 100 kalas per extra fang, 1x Level to Armor of choice]

Satisfied with my choices, I storm out of the building and head to the outskirts of Shorelock. The crowd today seemed bigger than yesterday so I had to wait to exit the city. While waiting, I was met with a familiar face. A short, violet haired girl holding a winged bow stood in front of me. A leather quiver of arrows was placed at the side of her waist all decorated with golden feathers. It was Ray.

"Ray!" I called out.

Ray spins around on her heel her face filled with shock and delight.

"You made it out alive!" She hollered speed walking towards me.

"Of course," I smirked, "how are the others?"

"They're fine but they'll need a day more to recover. Luckily my mana meridians were still intact so I was able to recover rather quickly." She replies.

"That's great. So what are you doing out here?" I tilted my head.

"The doctor told me to get some exercise to recover faster and the simplest way was to take on a short quest. Shouldn't take too long. I'm only going after slimes today." She said pointed to the vast green homogeneous forest.

"What a coincidence!" I exclaimed, "I'm also hunting slimes as well."

"I thought you were a healer?" She cocked her head in confusion.

"Healer is my main class but you haven't forgotten that I was a spearman prior to being a healer." I pointed out.

Her eyes widened with surprise.

"I completely forgot! Why did you change to healer from a spearman? It'd be nice to have another midrange fighter?"

"Long story short, parents..." I chuckled.

>>>

Prior to attending the Magic Academy, it had always been my dream to become a spearman like my grandfather but my parents wanted me to become a healer. Adhering to their wishes, I became one despite not exactly liking the class but I still trained with a spear in my spare time. However, the last time I touched a spear was before I graduated the Magic Academy.