Part 12

"Are you sure you're okay?" Louis has done changing into a dry t-shirt and washing his face so that the after-cry effect could lessen a little bit.

"Yes, I'm fine now. Sorry, I've made you worry." He spreads a little smile to prove his words.

"No problem. Now that we choose to skip class, why don't we go to the infirmary to tend that bruise?"

"No, I told you, I'm fine." He replies, too fast. That, of course, raises a suspicion in me. I frown at him. He drops his gaze in shame. "I'm sorry. I... I just don't like others to... see."

How awful I am. Of course, with him being like this, he will strictly avoid anything public. Let alone showing off evidence of his pitiful state. Then I slowly touch his chin and bring it up. I stare deeply into his beautiful bright blue eyes. "It's alright. I understand. But I guess, a cup of coffee wouldn't be too much for you."

His expression grows brighter along with a sweet curve from his kissable soft lips. "I'll just have milkshake."

"Milkshake, that is." I let out a small chuckle. "Let's go." We head straight to cafeteria, holding hands. Louis doesn't seem to look so comfortable with it. As if he worries about me getting trouble from just simply holding his hand. That's ridiculous, because it has to work the other way around. People will surely be in trouble if they have problems with me holding Louis' hand.

Once we have ordered our coffee and milkshake, we are settling down in seats at the corner. It never escapes my notice how Louis has been averting his eyes from everyone. Most of the time, his eyes are cast down, even though there are only few people in this place at this hour. He has a serious self-confidence issue. And that will not do. My bitches have to be proud of themselves.

"How do you feel now, Lou?"

"I'm not sure." He takes a little sip of his vanilla milkshake.

"Do you want something to eat?" I know it's not a common time to have breakfast, or even brunch. But, remembering those rib lines I saw back then, I just can't help.

He doesn't answer my question immediately. Instead, he is just staring at me with an undefinable expression. And the next seconds, he looks like he is about cry. His lips quiver. Then he looks down again. I reach his hand on the table and stroke it. Hoping it could calm him down since I know he doesn't like crying in public.

"Thank you..." His voice sounds like a hiss.

"You okay?"

He nods. "You are so good to me." He lifts his face and stares at me with his glassy eyes. "Even ever since our first meeting when we still didn't know each other yet. I wasn't lying when I said I thought nobody cares about me."

"Stop saying it, Lou." I says softly.

"But it's true." He insists. "Nobody cares about a worthless being like me, except you. So, I thank you. Thank you very much." A bottomless depth of gratitude is shown obviously in his face. What a sight. I could almost get myself overwhelmed by pride and happiness if it's not for those self-loathing words he just said.