Part 23

A/N: I'd like to thank everyone who have voted for this book and dropped so many comments.. They're keeping my imagination and fingers work... Thanks a ton...  :D

*****

We still have plenty of time before the school starts. So, we decide to stop at the empty cafeteria to sit around and kill some time. For me, it's more like enjoying my time to be alone side by side with Louis. We don't order anything since the counters are still closed.

"They usually open at 9 AM." Louis says before he resumes his attention back to his phone. He looks a little busy with some chats in the phone.

"Who are you texting?" I ask curiously.

It takes a few seconds before he finishes and lifts his face to meet mine. "Oh, sorry. It's Tim."

"What does he want?" Hearing that nerd's name is kind of boring me.

"He is just asking where I am now."

"Give me that." I hold out a hand as a gesture for him to hand me his phone.

"What for?" He frowns at that but unable to stop his hand from doing exactly what I tell him to. I know that I will completely get rid of his resistance very soon. And in no time, there will be no more rejection.

"I just need to check it. Is that a problem, Baby?" I inquire with a slight curiosity and silently questioning his trust in me.

As if being caught, he answers quickly, "No. Of course not."

"Good." I start reading his text conversation with Tim. Once I'm done, I hand the device back to Louis. "He seems upset. Why?"

"I'm not sure, but maybe because I'm breaking our habit of going to school together."

"Or maybe because of the fact you were going with me." He really likes to think that it's his fault when everything goes wrong, so I propose another idea about me being the cause of Tim's anger.

"I don't know, William." He looks down.

"Look at me, Lou." I lift his chin to study his eyes carefully. "Do you feel guilty about it? About going with me? About making your friend upset?"

Without much thinking he answers, "No, I don't. Sooner or later, things like this can happen. He should know that. And I will be even very supportive when he finally gives a ride to a girlfriend. So, why won't he now?"

"So, you don't mind going with me?"

"Never, William." His cheeks are turning slightly pink. "In fact, I sort of love your company."

I smile at that. "Does it make you happy?"