Part 24

"You see, Baby? Next time, when people asking of your whereabouts, don't answer okay? Or else they will come and ruin our precious intimate moment." I speak to Louis as Tim finally stops right before our table. I make sure he can hear that. And because of that, Tim shoots his not-so-friendly glare at me. "Hey Tim." Standing up, I greet him normally. Pretending as if nothing is wrong with my prior saying.

He doesn't reply to me and just points his glare to Louis, who is already standing beside me. "So this is how you treat me now?" He asks Louis. "I thought we were best friends." There's hurt in his voice.

Louis looks surprised and confused. "What are you talking about? We still are."

"Oh yeah?" Tim shows Louis his cynical smirk. "You left me nothing but a cold text message because you prefer going with some stranger? What about our promise? To stay together? I bet I've never been anything more than a taxi driver to you."

I see a slight panic hits Louis' eyes but he is trying to stay calm. "I've tried to call you, Tim. But you didn't pick up. And please, I've never seen you that way. You are my best friend. And-"

"Yes, a best friend when needed and a hindrance when not needed!"

"Correct." I comment at his remark. And it takes all of the ignorant tendencies I have.

"I'm not talking to you!" Tim snaps. Looks like I'm adding more wood into the fire.

"Tim, stop!" Louis tries to pull his best friends attention back at him. "Why are you angry at him?"

"Why? Because this jerk keeps on testing my patience and you don't even realize it!"

"Don't call him that!" My baby's voice is shaking. Probably out of confusion from yelling to his one and only best friend, but doesn't want to hurt him.

"So, you are on his side now? After all this time, I've always been standing up for you, Louis. And that doesn't mean a thing to you anymore just because of this jerk?" He points his finger to me.

"Alright, Weirdo. Stop it right there. If you plan to push him any further in front of me, you better walk away now." I speak calmly. Slowly stroking Louis' back, sensing how close his breathing is to sobbing.

"Please. You are wrong, Tim. You don't understand. William is just being good to me. He helps me. And I'd never think any less of you." Louis begs. Oh, how annoying it is to hear my baby beg to another guy.

"Liar. You might as well forget everything about me. About us." Louis can no longer contain his tears. They start streaming down his reddened cheeks. With impressive reflexes, I bring him into a hug and start stroking his hair.

"Don't listen to him, Lou. There was no such thing like 'us' since the beginning. He isn't gay like you. He doesn't understand you, and your hardship. He never will. And no one ever will, but me." As his sobbing tunes down, I add, "Don't worry, Baby. You've got me. You'll never be alone."