Part 27

"Sarah speaking." Louis' mother's cheerful voice is heard from the other end of the line. I clear my throat while adjusting my hold on the mobile phone.

"Sarah, this is William."

I sound as composed as usual. This isn't something I rarely do. When I was little, my parents used to bring me along when they're attending society events and invitations. I've learned enough about the manner of speaking with elders, especially socializing with the wealthiest elders.

"Oh, hey, William." She replies. "What is it?"

"I just want to tell you that I'm bringing Louis to my house after school, just in case you're wondering."

"Is there something happened?" There is a thin layer of worry covering her question. Motherly instinct, I presume.

"Nothing important, Sarah. It's just.." I don't like lying but revealing everything that has happened to Louis doesn't amuse me as well.

"Yeah?" She doesn't try to push me but I can sense her impatience.

"Louis and I are dating now, so.. I guess there will be more of coming over to come. And maybe staying over also. I hope these won't trouble you."

"What? Are you kidding? How can those be any trouble?" She asks with an incredible amazement upon hearing my question as if everyone in the universe should already know the obvious answer to that.

Of course, I my self already know how she would respond to this news. It's easily predicted. But what can I say? Politeness is still necessary. Especially to the parents whom their son is about to be kept under my possession. I want to claim her son, but not by snatching him away. I need permission. Everyone should ask for permission to do everything. And I'll make sure Louis will also learn about it.

"So, you wouldn't mind?" I ask once again.

She chuckles merrily hearing my question. "I even feel like offering you a handshake, William. Congratulations!" The cheerfulness in her voice gets me grinning like a fool. She is so amusing. No wonder she has such a perfect son.

"Thank you, Sarah." I reply her with a chuckle as well.

"Oh my God, William, you don't know how happy you make me right now. I'm so happy for both of you. And I bet Louis is too."

"Do you want to speak with Louis?"

"No, no. It's alright. Just continue what you're doing. I have to go now. And please send my hug to my baby boy over there."

"Alright, Sarah."

"Don't forget to let me know if there is anything happen, okay?"

"Don't worry, I will." I speak with a bold certainty.