War

AUNTIE POV

I pulled up to Nola on the driveway

"Stay in the car KJ"

I ran to her.

"Nola! What wrong?"
"She left me"
"What?"
"Kimmy is gone. She left me. She doesnt want. me. anymore"

I could barely understand what she was saying.

She was a complete mess

"Come on. Get up. Come in the house."
"No! I need her back"
"It cold. Come in the house Noliana. Please."

It hurt me to see her like this

I haven't seen her cry like this since her dad died.

I helped her into the house and into the bed.

I made KJ go to his room. I didnt meed him getting scared about anything

NOBODY POV

Nola sobbed on Auntie's lap. She couldn't believe she cheated on Kimmy.

Kimmy only had one place to go. Lailas, but she was out of town with her kids and there was no way in.

And she was back alone in this lonely world

"Hey dash. This is kimmy. Uh I need a place to crash for a couple days."
"Come on by sis. You know my house is always open."

Dash was a friend of Kimmys through her mom's organization. He and his wife were like that auntie and uncle you never talked to but they were there.

"Hey Kimmy"
"Hey dash"
"Whats up? Problems with your mom?"
"Man, im so tired of my life"
"Nah kim dont come over here with that suicidal shit."
"So i told you how I started dating Nola right?"
"Hell naw you didn't? Nola as in Bailey's daughter?" Casey said walking in

"Yeah, her. Well a few weeks ago, she got beat.badly, like in coma bad."
"Whaattt?"
"Yeah. me being protective and in love, I had zeke and his boys snatch him and fuck him up."
"No no no. What happened to you not becoming your mom?"

"Im nothing like her. I only did what I had to do to get justice for Nola. So I go to ATL to do that. And I come back home to this bitch in bed with a dude."
"No"
"Yeah, so that brings me here."
"Why you didnt go home?"
"Home? I aint spoke to Patricia in a month.I moved out."
"She aint tell us shit."
"Fuck her. Fuck Nola. Fuck everybody at this point."
"Kimmy, You and that girl been best friends since yall were in diapers, literally. Dont leave that friendship yall had like that. Thats why best friends stay friends. Nothing more. Nothing less."
"Well honestly, I dont care. Im good."

Shanae had finally woke up. She walked downstairs to her mom sitting at the kitchen counter looking stressed.

"Momma what's wrong?"
"Nothing baby"
"Where Nola?"
"Upstairs sleep."
"Oue. Im finna go wake her-"
"No, please dont. She finally went to sleep and I dont need to hear her crying again."
"Crying? Why?"
"Kimmy left her."
"What? Why!"
"You know why. Yall went out last night and you let her go home with that boy. Kimmy found out, found her at his house this morning. Told her she didnt want to be together anymore."
"Damn."
"Yeah, so now I gotta deal with Nola. Kimmy not texting me back or answering my calls. Damn. Yall driving me crazy"

Nola walked downstairs
"Can you take me to Lailas to see if Kimmy is there?"
"Nola."
"Auntie, I have to find her. Please"
"I know sweetie but you need to just give her sometime by herself. I know its hard but you gotta understand she found you in bed with somebody else. That there alone can shatter someones heart. It shattered mine. But I know she always gon love you."
"I fucked up didnt I?"
"Yeah but you gotta learn and fsce the consequences."

"How you been doing Kimmy. I haven't heard from you in a couple weeks. You've cancelled your last two sessions."
"Ive been going through alot Dr Hamilton."
"Thats why you need to come to our sessions."
"I just dont know what to do anymore. I really dont. I just feel like.... I feel Im sad. Im hurt. And I sit and I wonder why would she do that to me. Why would she go and lay down with somebody else. When all I did was love her unconditionally. She's my heart and soul."

"Nola cheated on you?"
"yesh"
"Heartbreak is a painful thing."
"The funny thing is, I still want to be with her but... Its like so many things is telling me no but...but.."
"Your heart is saying yes. We're talking about a girl you've been in love with since you were 14.Honestly, both you and Nola have flaws. And in a relationship, flaws clash together. And Really, all you guys need to do is sit down and have an conversation like the women you are. No yelling. No arguing. Just you two hearing each other out. No lies. Lay everything on the table. I mean everything Kimmy. If you want a serious relationship with her, you have to tell her about your mom and what she does. And what you did once opon a time."
"I know. I fucking know. She's not gonna look at me the same. I know she wont."
"If she loves you, she's gonna love you for you right now, not what you did or didnt do in the past."
"I guess"
"You never know. I think it would be a good idea to start over kinda. Turn over a new leaf. Forgive and forget everything after you have the conversation.Start something new. Peaceful. Everything was told, everything was accepted. Everybody is trusting each other. Thats the Key. If you cant trust each other, Whats the point?"
"Im just lost."
"Go find yourself. This past month for you has been alot. You know, his birthday is next week ."

Those words alone caused tears to flow.

"I miss him. Aside from Nola, he was the only person who knew me. He didnt care that I was into females. He just loved his daughter. He just loved me."
"Its been 6 years. Grief is a hard thing. I lost my mom when I was 19. I was pregnant and alone. She was all I had. It hurts when you lose your parents. Especially when its so suddenly."
"He was supposed to come home to us. He said me and uncle Darek are gonna go get you girls some ice cream. We'll be right back. Kaela stayed up all night waiting on them. I remember that night like it was yesterday. I was only 12. Momma came in crying. She sat all 4 of us down and told us that. Nola was 11 and she lost both her parents. Like..I.. I cant."

Kimmy tried to talk while crying but it never works out. She broke down.

It hurts when you lose the person you love the most and they not dead.

"Nola is my world. Her smile is like a sunset and the ocean is her hair. Im starting to realize she not perfect but she is definitely is worth it.I know I might not deserve her but I love her."

"Then why are you still here? Go get the love of your life and dont turn back."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Simply amazing
Should she go back with Nola?