Call Me Crazy

TWO DAYS LATER...
Nobody POV...

Auntie was in the living room watching her shows when there was a knock at the door.

She opened the door to 3 police officers

"Hi, may I help you?"
"We are looking for Kimmy Esmeralda. We have reason to believe she is here."
"May I ask why? She's my niece and police dont go looking around for her. She's a nice girl."
"She is a person of interest in the murder of Elijah Mayfield."
"Murder? Y'all must be out yall mind.She wouldn't hurt a fly"

As they were talking, all 3 girls came down the stairs

They looked to see the police

The female cop walked over to them.
"Kimmy, You need to come with us?"
"No she dont!" Nola yelled

"Why?"
"We need to question you at the station."
"I didn't do anything," Kimmy said as they put her in handcuffs
"LET HER GO!!"
The lady grabbed Kimmy roughly by her arm and walked her out the house.
"DONT BE ROUGH WITH HER!! BABY, DONT SAY SHIT TO THEM"
"We right behind you Kimmy!"

Auntie,Shanae, and Nola rushed to the car and followed the police to the station

Nola was a complete mess.

When they got there, She rushed over to Kimmy

"Baby dont say anything. I dont what they have you here for but they gonna twist your words. Im gonna get you s lawyer."
"I dont need a lawyer I didnt do anything."
"Yes you do," Patricia said walking up. "Patricia Esmeralda, Her lawyer."
"Detective Summers. This is Detectives Browns and Miller."
"Nice to meet you. Now please inform me on why my client is here?"
"Shescwanted in connection with the Elijah Mayfield murder."
"So yall think my little 18 year old daughter who just graduated High school killed a gangbanging 23 year old? Yall must be out of yall minds."
"Well Ms. Esmeralda, We have witnesses saying they've seen her going around saying she's gonna kill him."
"Okay? Im pretty sure the whole city wants to kill him.DID YOU not see what he did to my niece?"
"Ma'am why dont we take this into the room?"
"Not before I speak to my client privately."

KIMMY POV

"What are you doing here?"
"Saving you. You cant just go around threatening peoples lives bean."
"I didnt kill him and you fucking know that!"
"I never said you did. But you're going around town telling people you were. Thats bad on your part."
"I didnt kill him."
"I know bean. I know. But they think you did."
"And whose fault is that? He shouldnt be dead anyway."
"Did you ever think about him getting a plea deal? Did you think about him outing you and everybody you had down there with you. Did you think about that Kimmy? You were going to risk this whole operation and everybody in it, including you and Kaela."

I didnt reply. I couldnt reply. Why didnt I think of that. Im so stupid

"Look, Dash and Casey cant be your alibi. You know that. You were at home that night, with me, okay?"
"Yeah."
"Good, Now lets get this over with."

"Ms. Esmeralda, Where were you on the night of June 12th?"

"I was at home with my mom."
"And how do you know Elijah?"
"He's Nolas ex."
"Who is Nola to you?"

I paused
"She-She's  my friend."
"So about a week before Elijah's body was found, you went around saying you were going to kill him."
"I SAID that yeah, he put my bestfriend in the hospital.  I know im not the only person who wants him dead. What do I look like killing him?"
"That's enough. If you dont have any substantial evidence,you cannot hold my client. You cant hold her here because of what some junkie on the street said she said. So we shall be going. Come on Kimmy."

My moma just saved me. She hadn't did what she did, I would be behind bars. Im so damn stupid.

Walking out,Nola ran up to me
"Baby, you okay?"
"Yeah."

"Noliana, Can we speak to you?" the detective said

"Why dont you leave me and my girlfriend alone? Im glad he's dead. I know you seen what he did to me. Leave us alone, please. Come on yall, Lets get the fuck outta here."

We walked out and went home.

Y'all should've seen my moms face when Nola called me "my girlfriend"

"You okay Kimmy?"
"Yeah baby, Im fine. I told you that."
"I just wana make sure."
"Im good."

I leaned over to kiss her.

I knew I was in deep shit with my mom considering me risking everything with Elijah

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~