Right thru Me

I know its like 4am in Cali but i need to talk to Kimmy.

"Hello?" She said drowsy. I woke her up.

"Baby," I said sniffing

"Hey,What's wrong?"
"I found out."
"Found out what?"
"I was pregnant."
"Nola"
"I shouldve knew.I should've never opened that damn door."
"Baby, what happened wasnt your fault, you hear me?Dont beat yourself up. You had no control over it."
"Yes i did! I laid down in bed with him. I didnt use protection. I let him choke me. I let him into the house and I let him beat me and kill my baby. I let -, I couldnt get the rest out as I was breaking down.
"Nola please dont do this. He was the one who put his hands on you. You fought. You fought as hard as you could. And you made it out. That's what matters."
"I miss you. I miss you so much," I said crying.
"Stop crying Nola. Baby Im- look, Ill be home soon okay? I wont leave you again. I promise. If I leave, you coming with me. Im sorry."
"Can you stay on the phone with me?"
"Of course baby."
"I wanna see your face."

She got up and turned the light on.

"Damn," I said biting my lip. God, when she get home im tearing that ass up.

"Girl."

"That Cali sun got my baby looking like a damn chocolate bar that I wanna devour."

"You so nasty."
"Only for your sexy ass. How's Kaela?"

"She's good. She owns the bakery, she has a son too. He's cute. Im staying with her actu- is that my shirt?"
"What? What are you talking about?" I said trying to sound oblivious

"Take my shit off."
"No, You cant make me."
"Thats my favorite shiirrttt," she said whining.

"Stop being a baby. The shirt smells like you. Helps me sleep."
"Oh.. Wel-"
"Exactly. Yo ass always tryna check somebody."
"Im checking yo ass as soon as I see you."

We talked some more until Kimmy fell asleep. I forgot I had her up all night

KIMMY POV

"Good Morning lil sis," Kaela said to me as I walked down the stairs

"Good morning.," I said rubbing my eyes

"Long night?"
"Kinda."
"Yeah, yo ass was on the phone all night. I woke up at like 6 hearing you laughing."
"My bad."
"Was it Nola?"
"Yeah. She was having a rough day."
"Oh okay. I cant wait to see everybody"
"Wait- so that means your coming?"
"Yes. That means im coming. I took the whole next week off. Im still gonna have to work from my computer still but we are free to go. How does leaving Thursday sound? I can get us some plane tickets."
"That sounds fine."
"Cool. Let me go get mickey up so we can get our day started. I suggest you dress light. Its supposed to be extra hot today."
"Okay."

We went to an Aquarium. Kaela knew I loved sea creatures. Mickey does too. He knew damn near every one.

We were leaving when Nola called me.

"Whatcha doing sexy?"
"leaving the aquarium"
"Aww. That sounds fun. Mama got us doing some family day shit. We finna go cart race.Kj think he finna beat me."
"He is"
"What? You supposed to be on my side."
"Baby, You cant beat the truth"
"Well you and him can kiss my ass"
"Oh, i've done it plenty of times before. I would die to do it again."
"And you can me nasty."
"Because you are."

"How does Roscoes sound?" I hear Kayla say.

"Yeah. Thats cool. "

"Auntie wanna talk to you."
"For what?"
"Kimmy, When are you bring your ass back home, shit"
"Hey Auntie. I will be home next week."
"Thank god, if i had to deal with this hoe crying one more night i woulda went crazy."
"Whatever," I hear Nola say in the back.
"Imma give your lil girlfriend the phone back. Speak to you later baby."
"Bye Auntie."
"See? She be on that bullshit. I aint even been crying."
"Why you lying Nola? Yo soft ass cry all the damn time."
"Fuck you"
"You already did sweetheart."
"I gotta go freak.  Talk to you later. I love you."
"I love you too. Bye."

I hung up

"Thank you shit. I wanna listen to music," Kaela said turning up the radio

Weak By SWV played.

"This used to be our shittt Kimmy."

"I GET SO WEAK IN THE KNEES I CAN HARDLY SPEAK. I LOSE ALL CONTROL AND SOMETHING TAKES OVERR ME."

We yelled as we song along with Coco.

We had a mini concert on the way to Roscoes. It was packed, which wasnt a surprise.

"So did you finish high school?"
"really?"
"Im just checking."
"Yes. I did."
"Going to college?"
"I don't know. I really don't see the point for me."
"College aint for everybody. What do you want to do? You still sing?"
"I do a lil sum sum. I dont know what I want to do yet. I really dont and it pisses me off."
"Well you can always get money on the side with that. You tryna make a song?"
"What?"
"I got a friend who owns a studio down here. I can get him to give you a session."
"I might take up on that offer."
"You should. Its a good opportunity really."
"I could be a star."
"Something like that. California has all the resources for you to do whatever you want. Its expensive yeah but its definitely worth it you know. It was hard for me like 2 years after I moved.Mickeys dad wasn't around. I had used up all the money i had saved up for the damn bakery. It was hard to get it off the ground but it was worth it 100 percent. Look where i am.Trust the process baby girl."
"You still hold your head high regardless. I always loved that about you. Moma and daddy raised 3 stubborn ass girls."
"They shole did. Laila had it worse because of her damn birth giver. That woman need jesus. She probably on the street somewhere or worse. Tried to sell her damn baby for crack. What was dad thinking messing with her."
"Right."

We finished up eating and headed back home. Little Mickey was crazy as hell

Kaela had to check him like 10 times at the restaurant.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~