Chapter 1

Trinity

"If anyone can show just why this couple cannot lawfully be joined together in matrimony, let them speak now or forever hold your peace, ?" the pastor asked.

"I do," Tiana, my maid of honor, spoke up. I turned to her with a confused expression on my face. "There's something you need to know," she said nervously. I let go of Zion's hands. "I'm pregnant with Zion's babies," she said sighing.

"You...You both," I paused as the crowd of my family, friends, family in law, etc started to chatter. "You got her pregnant," I said hurt and not wanting to believe it. "But you," I turned to Tiana. "You sat up here for almost 9 months knowing you were pregnant....with him," I said shakily, pointing to Zion. "You were my best friend, Tiana why ?" I cried out as a tear fell.

"Trinity I'm sorry," she said with her lip trembling.

"No, I don't want to see or hear from either one of you," I said wiping my eyes. "I wasted all this money," I paused. "Just to find out I got betrayed by my own best friend and future husband," I shook my head. "Wedding's off," I spun around. "Y'all can still eat the food, the cake, the desserts. I don't care. Just don't make me waste all my money."

"Trinity, baby. I swear it was a mistake," Zion said going after me.

"Oh stop it," I put my hand up to stop him. "You knew it all along and sat in my face...and lied," I said pushing him back. "If we weren't in a church I would curse both of you out. Y'all deserve each other, enjoy y'alls day," I said walking towards the door.

"Wait, Trinity," Tiana called. Then I heard a gasp. "My water broke."

Multiple people called after me but I walked out not even regretting leaving. I should've left both of them where I met them. Now look at me, a fool. The one thing I asked him to not do. Make me look a fool and that's exactly what he did. Unbelievable.

I went into the dressing room and changed back into some regular clothes. I grabbed my purse with my keys in it and left. Out there was an ambulance to take, what I'm guessing, Tiana to the hospital for her babies. That's another thing. It isn't like its one child, it's two.

I drove all the way home and just got in bed. I know it's weird, but that's really all I could do. I'm angry, hurt, and sad. All that built up isn't a good me. I won't be in my right mind during any of those emotions. Besides, Zion will be at the hospital all night. I'll have time in the morning to leave.

I just want to get away from all this. A year ago, it wasn't like this.

Flashback to almost a year ago

"Baby ?" a soft voice spoke.

"Hm ?" I said as I woke up, yawning.

"Aww baby you look so pretty when you sleep," he said as I smiled.

"Thank you," I sighed in content.

"Would you like me to make breakfast ?"

"Mmhh," I answered nodding my head in his hands.

"Okay baby," he said kissing my cheek.

~

"Hey baby, I gotta work tonight I'll see you in the morning, okay baby ?"

"What ? You don't work tonight," I tried to yell as he closed the door.

Okay, I guess they called him in. I'll just put his plate in the microwave.

End of flashback

"THAT'S WHEN," I woke up yelling as it felt like I couldn't breathe.

That's when he went out to see her. That's probably the night he got her pregnant. It's all making sense to me. He would leave me every Wednesday, telling me it was because the person was a client and they needed to speak with him about some business. It was a little strange to me but at the same time, I didn't think he would cheat on me. We were planning our wedding so why cheat now? It just didn't make sense to me. Also because if he was making money, I wasn't going to question him.

His checks would be bigger so he had to be working extra some time during the week. Maybe while I was working. Either way, now I feel dumb. They were doing it right in front of me, the whole time and I didn't know it. I was so blind due to the fact I thought I found the "right one." Now I'm here. I wasted thousands of dollars just for me to find out that I was being lied to for almost a year.

He could've been cheating on me the whole time we were together. With more than just Tiana. What if I caught something because he was out there doing him?

I still love him because obviously, I was about to get married to him. I just want to get away from everything, but I can't. I have to go to work to make up the money that I just wasted and I have to go cancel the hotel we reserved for our honeymoon.

The other crazy thing is, he got her pregnant before me. I guess he really wanted that baby. But you know, she's not only having one, but she's also having two.

She sat in front of me laughing, smiling, and etc. Such a dirty- excuse me. What a best friend right? She was telling me about how I was going to be the babies Godmother and all I could do. Just like everything was grand. As if she didn't just sleep with my man days before. I didn't suspect a thing. How could I be so blind to this?

Oh, my head hurts. I need to get my mind off all this. It's really not doing me any well.

They're both acting like I'm not mentally crazy. Like I won't plan out their murder and get away with it. Like I'm not the pettiest person on earth. Anyway, we'll get back on that later on.

I'm about to cancel everything him and I planned for our honeymoon.