Chapter 18

Unknown

Tyler wasn't here with me. He's with...someone else. All my job was to get her baby and leave her the note.

It was easy honestly. We didn't plan out for her to get in a fight with Aiden and she comes there that just made it a lot easier. I talked to her, we hit it off, got her room number, took the janitor's master key, simple.

I was told to find out her hotel number as we followed her here to the hotel. At first, I thought she would never come down but finally, she did. She came and sat in front of the bar looking at her baby boy. She smiled as she sighed. You could tell she was sad. Her baby wouldn't know but I could tell. She looked pained. Like she didn't want what happened to happen. Like she wished the outcome was different. From the time I met her, I knew she never liked being on anyone's bad side. If there was nothing she could do to get off their bad side or if she didn't do anything to them she didn't care if they spoke or not.

You would think by her personality that she would have a bunch of friends but she didn't. She was a loner. She had a ton of associates but she couldn't go to them for actual advice or a shoulder to cry on.

I didn't kill anyone and I don't plan on doing so, but one thing I will say is Trinity is really beautiful. It was almost hard to do what I did to her. If there were another way, best believe I would've chosen it.

Trinity right now is walking in. She's hesitant and her breathing is slow and steady. She thinks this is a trap and it is.

Aiden

There's a knock on the apartment door as I sighed getting up.

"Yes ? But no she's not ba-" I was cut off as there stood a badge in my face.

"Aiden Reed, we need to speak to you," the police officer asked putting his badge away as another stood still.

"Okay," I said intrigued.

"Come with us," he kind of nodded his head. I grabbed my phone and wallet and now I am in the back of their car.

"May I ask what it is you guys are needing to speak to me about, ?" I asked as the two officers looked at each other then back straight. Cliché but okay.

"The missing of you and your ex-wife's kid," the one driving had said.

"What ?" I asked confused. "We never had a kid but sure we've tried."

"That's not what she said. That's why you're being brought in for questioning," the other one said.

"My gosh," I said lowly.

We finally got there and now I was sitting in the same chair as a lot of criminals and etc. I never thought I would see the day that would happen. I've always played fair but I was interrupted by the door being opened. I didn't say anything I just stared at her as she did at me.

"May I say Mr.Reed you're very handsome to be accused of something so foul," she said shaking her head sitting down.

"Thank you but I didn't do anything," I fake smiled.

"Now sir as much as I would love to believe you I can't. If you did it just admit it," she said nicely.

"I'd admit to anything I've done-since I have yet to admit to whatever this bs y'all have called me in here for, I haven't done it," I said fixing up my suit.

"Mr.Reed why did you want a divorce from your wife ?" she looked up from her paper at me.

"It wasn't just me who wanted a divorce," I stated. "Either way it goes we both agreed to it and knew it was for the best. Anything else ?"

"Why do you say it was for the best ?" she put her glasses down on the table not breaking eye contact.

"Nothing was the same," I let out a deep breath. "We didn't kiss. We didn't make love. We couldn't even talk without it turning into an argument," I shrugged. "The spark we once had in high school and through college was gone. It wasn't there, we weren't meant to be."

"Now was that all ? There wasn't anything physical about you guy's relationship was there, ?" she asked as if I would do such a thing.

"No," I straight-faced.

"Really ?"

"Ma'am as much and hard you're trying to make me confess to such things isn't going to work," I smiled politely. "All that was physical between us was me choking her to pleasure her. Now if that's against the law then I suppose there must be a whole bunch of people here right, ?" I questioned.

She cleared her throat as she said, "Sir I'm only doing my job." Whatever. "However the statements against your name are incredible-I'm only asking about your child," she said. The sound of sincere in her voice. "Where is your child ?"

"With his baby mother, I would hope," I said simply. It was irritating that I would even be considered as a suspect for this.

"Your ex-wife says you took their child," she said slowly.

"She's not the baby mother, check for his birth certificate. The mother is Trinity Townsend," I said trying to stay calm.

"The woman who works for you, ?" she questioned as I sighed.

"Yes."

"So you had an affair ?"

"This has nothing to do with my child that y'all are saying is missing," I said as she looked at me and then my phone went off.

"I'll check his records and I'll see. If you're lying you're already in enough trouble," she said getting up.

"Something's wrong," I said sternly as she turned back.

"Excuse me ?"

"Um nothing, when can I leave ?" I smiled timidly.

"Let me get these record and you're free to go if you're right," she walked out as I nodded.

"Damnit Trinity what did you get into," I sighed.