Chapter 17

Trinity

We ended up fighting and I left. I know, I left my own apartment. I brought a little hotel room for the next day but if I have to stay here longer I'll pay for that. I took Tyler with me of course because we argued about him in the first place. Aiden didn't want us to go but I made up my mind within those five minutes. I packed a small bag and brought Tyler's baby bag along with some clothes.

I'm currently at the bar/restaurant. I only had one drink because I did have Tyler with me and I needed to be alert at all times dealing with him. A tall tan man sat by me. He seemed Mexican just by the way he sounded. Then when he spoke Spanish to me without an issue. He only asked me how I was and then smiled at Tyler. Tyler just looked at me as I laughed.

"Eh. Estoy bien, y tu, ?" I said unsure because my Spanish is very rusty. I haven't spoken it for real since my last year taking it which was my freshman year in high school. He smiled at me giggling.

"You know some Spanish aye," he said as I shook my head.

"Just some," I corrected as Tyler started playing with my fingers.

We ended up hitting it off and he walked me back to my hotel room. I really didn't like him being around Tyler because I don't know it seemed disrespectful in a way. Especially because you're not supposed to introduce your child to everyone and let everyone around your child. Then again people like to just say hi to babies so it wasn't too big of a deal. Tyler had fun with him. I let him pick up Tyler and Tyler was just the happiest as he tickled him.

He seemed nice and I didn't want to be mean so I let him walk me back. I wasn't in the spirit already and he made me laugh. Before he left we kissed. He kissed me and I just kissed back. It was in the heat of the moment. It was a slow and deep kiss. It was a wanting kiss. Not an I want to fuck you kiss but I want your lips on mine, for you to be in my presence kiss. As if he's been wanting this for a while. I regret it somewhat but it happened and I'll tell Aiden that later on. I mean Aiden and I aren't officially dating but I guess it's where we know that we're dating that we don't even have to acknowledge that fact.

I woke up early in a panic because something felt off and instantly I looked over to see Tyler nowhere to be found. I looked all over the hotel and he wasn't there nor was his stuff. Whoever took him was smart enough to bring his bag so I was grateful. Grateful that my baby had everything he needs till I can find him.

By the door, there was this white piece of paper folded with nothing on the outside. I grabbed it because it was obvious the kidnapper left the shit.

Find your child at 3233 Emission oaks blvd. You have two days to get here or your child will no longer be available to you.

Come here by yourself. I will be watching you once you land. If you have someone else with you, your child will instantly be killed.

I was scared, nervous, enraged, and everything else. So many emotions piled into my head along with thoughts of the worse.

I got on my phone and as soon as I was about to text Aiden I got a text from an unknown number.

205-895-6578: It wouldn't be a smart idea for you to text him knowing my leverage. Go get your plane ticket, you don't have so long🙂.

Sighing because there was no way around this. I couldn't get any help. It was a number off a texting app. I could tell by the way the message was sent. If I get killed nobody will know. I just pray they don't hurt my baby. I'm going to do anything to get him.

Almost crying, I packed up everything I had which wasn't much and went to my apartment. I checked for flights before I left. The next one to California for at 1 pm. I paid the hotel for a stay for another two days so Aiden would think I'm still mad. It made the most sense at that moment. I mean what could he do? What would he think? I'll still text him so it looks like I'm still alive and breathing. Maybe ignore a few in the process so he could still think I was mad.

I took a picture of the letter he/she left me and now I'm packing myself a couple of more outfits. Can't ever pack too much. I'm only bringing a carryon so I couldn't pack too much. Aiden was at work like always. I didn't even have to text him to check on that.

I left and went to the airport. I got on the plane nervous and anxious. The plane ride felt longer than it needed to. it was only supposed to be 2 hours but it felt like 4. I couldn't sleep. All I was doing was thinking. Why my child? I wouldn't wish it on anybody else's but still. In particular, my child had to be taken? I don't have any enemies it had to be something else.

Aiden

Sighing, the plane landed. Going the fastest I could to get out of the airport where my lyft was waiting.

"Thank you," I said letting out a deep breath.

"It's no problem, but I am curious as to why you're going there, ?" he said pulling out the airport.

"Why's that, ?" I asked trying to not actually answer his question.

"Because that warehouse is up for lease so unless you bought it or looking into buying it I don't think many people go there," he said honestly.

"Well I'm just meeting someone there, that's all," I smiled nervously. I could tell he didn't believe me but he wasn't going to push anymore especially since I didn't know him.

Once we reached the place, I thought about how I really should've brought a rental.

"Thank you again," I smiled getting out. He nodded and smiled.

I opened the door and walked in. Time to face this.