I Fight A Minotaur

I really do suck at titles....

ENJOY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stelaina's P.O.V

I am trembling with fear as I try to escape the Empousa. She had one donkey hoof and a bronze leg. Her face was ugly with her fangs sticking out. She isn't far behind. I skip through trees, trying to get farther, but she somehow closes in on me.

My skin is pale; deathly. My eyes were gray. Not azure or electric blue, but stormy gray. Like Annabeth's eyes. My face was covered with dirt and marks.

I passed one more tree and was greeted by a dead end.At the dead end laid a body.I walked slowly and then realized it was Nico.I quickly kneel and flip him.His eyes were closed and I couldn't hear his heartbeat.Then I hear footsteps and whirl around,almost stepping on Nico's hand.

The Empousa hissed. "Now I've got you!"she charged.I dodged.She almost ran into Nico.She turned and hissed again.Then she picked up Nico and put her long dirty nail,that was like a knife,under his chin.She laughed.

"This will happen if you-"I charged at her before she finish and then that's when Nico dissolved.

I woke to the sound of thunder. I remembered that I was still in the Cabin One. It was always thundering in the cabin.

Above the cot, the domed ceiling was decorated with a blue-and-white mosaic like a cloudy sky. The clous tiles shifted across the ceiling, changing from white to black. Thunder rumbled through the room, and gold tiles flashed like veins of lightning. 

The walls were carved with alcoves, each holding a bronze brazier or a golden eagle statue on a marble pedestal. In the center of the room, a twenty-foot-tall, full-color statue of Zeus in classic Greek robes stood with a shield at his side and a lightning bolt raised, ready to smite somebody.

I studied the statue, looking for anything I had in common with the Lord of the Sky. Black hair? Nope, I have more of a dark chocolate color. Grumply expression? Well, maybe. Beard? No thanks. In his robes and sandals, Zeus looked like a really buff, really angry hippie. 

Yeah, Cabin One. A big honor, the other campers had told him. Sure, if you liked sleeping in a cold temple by yourself with Hippie Zeus frowning at you all night. 

Next to the cot, new clothes were laid out for me: jeans, sneakers, and an orange Camp Half-Blood shirt. I was reluctant to change out of my torn leggings and ripped jacket and shirt. I went to the bathroom to get ready for the morning. 

I thought of last night. The way the campers' reacted when I was claimed. People looking in awe just because I was the daughter of Zeus, treating me special, but it didn't have anything to do with him. Nobody cared about me, just my big scary daddy standing behind me with the doomsday bolt, as if to say, Respect this kid or eat voltage!

After the campfire, when people started heading back to their cabins, I sat by the fire still in a state of shock. For some reason, I felt a cold feeling around me and turned around. Nico was standing behind me. I turned back around, staring at the burning fire. 

"It seems like you need some company." I hear Nico say.

I don't answer. "Would you like to talk about it?" He asks. 

I stay silent for awhile, "Do you ever feel like you don't belong anywhere, and people act like their your friends when you know they're actually afraid of you?" I ask gloomly.