The Dagger...dagger...dagger!! (Echoing sound)

Jackie's P.O.V

I opened my eyes and panicked. What was I doing in the woods? Then I remembered that I ran away from the campfire last night.

"They must be worried sick about me," I say to myself.

I got up and looked at myself in a river nearby. "Eh." I still had mom's blessing on, it's been 2 STRAIGHT DAYS!! I started walking back to the cabins. It was pretty early in the morning (the sun hasn't even come up yet!), so I guess no one was awake. Suddenly, I head something behind me. Immediately, my guard was up and activated. I turned around and saw that really pale ghost boy. Why was he up at this time of day! It wasn't even sunrise yet.

Frustrated, I ran as quietly as I could to a cabin, and I ducked behind it. I knelt to the ground and stayed that way for about ten minutes until I thought that the coast was clear. i got up and started walking towards the Aphrodite Cabiner.

I opened the door quietly and saw that everyone was still asleep. I closed the door and was about to get into a bed for some more sleep when I saw a person stirring in her sleep. I froze. Was she going to wake up? I thought frantically for a plan. But then the stirring stopped and I let out a breath that I didn't even know I was holding. I got into my bed and fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ugh," I moan quietly. I open my eyes and I see that some girl was trying to put shaving cream on my face! But before she could do that I punched her. In fact, I punched her so hard that she fell back and her nose started bleeding. At that moment, the head counselor (I think) ran over to her.

"Are you okay Drew," she asks, sounding genuinely concerned but the look on her face said that she was a little bit amused. Of course, Drew was so busy whining that she couldn't see that.

"No! Of course not! The newbie punched and gave me a bloody nose!" Drew said angrily. As soon as she said that, I got ready to speak in my defense.

"Is that true?" the head counselor asked me.

"Yes," I reply. "But it was self-defense. Drew was about to put shaving cream on my face. So I punched her in order to stop her from doing that. After all, I am new at Camp Half Blood and it would be very rude."

The head counselor smiled at me. I returned the smile and then looked at Drew to see her face. Unlike the counselor and I, Drew was fuming.

"Well that explains it." The head counselor said.

"You're just going to let her off the hook!" Drew yelled. The counselor nodded.

"After all, she only punched you in self-defense Drew," she smiled.

"You're going to pay for this Piper McLean. Just you wait," threatened Drew.

Piper on the other hand, was not intimidated. When Drew left the cabin, Piper, me, and the other campers burst out laughing, even the ones who helped Drew!

"That was AWESOME! No one has ever stood up to Drew like that before except for Piper," a camper told me.

"Alright everybody, settle down. I have to show..." Piper waited expectantly for an answer.

"Oh! My name is Jacqueline O' Conner, but I prefer Jackie,"

"Ok, I have to show Jackie around the camp," Piper said. "Let's go,"

She opened the door and I walked out with her behind me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Piper showed me so many awesome places at the camp, such as the rock wall (which I was totally going to try out!), the lake where you could go swimming, and the woods where everyone plays "Capture the Flag" which looks very lethal. I don't think I'm ever going to try it out. Then Piper steered me to a building that looked like a really run down cabin.

"This is the armory. Here you are going to pick a weapon to be your own," Piper explains.

I walk inside and look around. I didn't see anything interesting but just before I closed the door, a glint of light catches my eye. I smile mysteriously, somehow knowing that the weapon I was about to find was going to be mine. I walk over to the light and pick something up. I bring it outside to look at it more closely. The case was black leather. Nothing fancy. I unshelthed it and gasp. It was menacing and scary and I guarantee that if you had one look at it, you would run away screaming. It was so me! It might have been a dagger, but I loved it. Piper said it was made of Celestial Bronze. It had intricate vines etched into the blade, and at the hilt was a very scary looking Medusa.

"I want this one," I say."It's perfect,"

Piper nodded, but looked a skeptical. "Are you sure Jackie, swords are usually better."

"But you use a dagger." I pointed to her belt.

"Well...try it out and see if you like it."

I stood in battle position. I made a few swipes in the air.

"Great! Try attacking the dummies." Piper said. She grabbed a few stuffed warriors or dummies and placed them in random stops on the field.

Like before, I stood in ready position. I turned to the first dummy. I waited for a few seconds before charging. Swiftly, side-stepping and gabbing the dagger in the middle torso, kicking it to the ground. I did the same thing for the next three. I sliced off the arm of the second dummy, the third one's head, and cut the fourth dummy in half.

"O. My. Gods. That was awesome!" Piper cheered.

"Whoa...how did I do that?" I ask staring at the blade.

"Your reflexes are meant to be used in battle. That's while most demigods can't stand to do nothing!"

"Makes sense." I say as if it was obvious. A conch shell blew in the distance.

"Lunch time! Race ya to the pavilion, Piper!" I challenged.

"Oh, it is so ON!"

Together we raced to the pavilion smiling as best friends!

========================================================
OMG!! HOW DID YOU LIKE IT!!

Jackie: Beat ya!

Piper: Wat! I so beat you!

Jackie: Nah ah!

Piper: Uh huh!

Jackie: Nah ah!

Piper: Uhhuh!

Jackie: Nahah

Piper: Uhhuh!

Percy: Ladies! Ladies! Can't we call it a tie?!

Leo: Ya! Besides you can always fight over mwah (points to himself)

Jason: Yaaaa, I don't think they're kinda do that.

Jules: I don't think they're even listening...

Lauren: Yap! Nope...

Me: 😒 Anyway... DON'T FORGET TO:

Stelaina: Vote!

Megan: Comment

Annabeth: And Follow!! Percy don't bother to stop this fight, you'll only make it worse😒

Percy: Hey! I-

Me: BYE ILYA!!