Chapter 3

Announcement: Love Series 1: New Love will be undergoing major editing but rest assured that the contents here will be connected with the first. And there will only be a few spoilers. Thank you for understanding!

Latch

Σειρά αγάπης (Seirá Agápis) # 2

Chapter 3
"Looking for the daddy"

*

"Saan mo ba talaga siya nakilala ha?" - Liberty is pacing back and forth while asking her the same question over and over again.

It's been a week and she decided to let Liberty stay in her house. Mayroon pa naman din kasing isang kwartong bakante at para din mas madali ang pagmonitor nang pagbubuntis nito dahil doctor siya. Ayaw pa nga sana ni Liberty pero nagpumilit siya and they ended deciding that Liberty will pay for everything in the house so that she don't have to worry.

Syempre sinungaban niya na agad ang offer nang kaibigan dahil malaking tulong din sakanya iyon and she was always reminded by the quote that says that 'Masamang tangihan ang grasya'

"I already told you, I just met him at that bar located on the first district of the Metro" - she answered for the nth time at napansin niya ang pagtango nang kaibigan na para bang may alam na ito kung paano mahahanap ang tatay ni Euphemia.

May plano naman talaga siyang hanapin ang lalaking nakabuntis sakanya pero hindi pa ngayon. At dahil nadin sa kaibigan ay wala na siyang nagawa, Liberty already made up her mind to find the father of her precious one and she knows that she can't change her mind anymore.

"Anong pangalan nang bar?"

Bigla siyang napaisip nang malalim sa biglang tanong nang kaibigan kung anong pangalan nang bar na kanyang pinuntahan. Napalunok siya nang sariling laway nang tatlong beses, at tska nagisip kung saan bar nga ba siya nag punta nang mga panahong sirang sira siya.

Sa pagkakantanda niya kasi ay nagmaneho siya simula ikatatlong distrito nang metro hanggang sa una. It was long drive hanggang sa may makita siyang bar sa malapit. She can clearly remember na hindi ganoon kalaki ang bar but it was decent enough and the interior is quite exquisite tamang tama sa kanya noon. Pero hindi niya padin matandaan kung anong pangalan.

Her eyes are too clouded with tears that time kaya siguro hindi niya na nabasa ang pangalan nang bar na napuntahan niya.

"I forgot but I heard the owner goes by the name Zara I think?"

And with that simple notion she gave to her friend, she immediately noticed how her face turned pale at kasabay noon ay ang pagmumura nito nang ilang beses.

"You are one lucky bitch now let's go back to the Philippines to find your one night stand man" - nakangiting saad ni Liberty dahilan para tuluyan na siyang malito. If she remembers correctly ay nagtatago padin ito sa kapatid niya. Gayundin siya sa pamilya niya. She has no money anymore at konting konti nalang talaga ang nasa savings account niya and she don't know if it's still enough to book a plane ticket for two! Not to mention her daughter is still not eligible to ride planes!

"Sagot ko na ang lahat nang gastusin at wala akong pakialam kung makita ko ang kapatid mo. Ayoko din naman nang magtago sa kanya and I am a Hidalgo, wala akong inaatrasan" - Liberty said with a sly grin which instantly made her frown. If she remembers correctly ay Borromeo ang apelyido nito at hindi Hidalgo? She is now confused why her friend suddenly became a Hidalgo. A very prominent family in the Philippines when it comes to the business world.

"Oh yeah! I totally forgot to tell you that Borromeo is just my middle name and my real name is Liberty Gray Borromeo Hidalgo the daughter of Leomard Hidalgo and Grace Borromeo" - she said which totally made her jaw drop. She didn't expect that a lady such as Liberty who dress like a normal girl and who has a dream to be singer is actually a daughter of one of the prominent businessman in the Philippines! Not to mention that their family also owns a management company managed by her older brother.

"Okay so let's pack your things already!"- Liberty exclaimed and she put her hands together with an excited look on her face.

"Wait a just a minute Liberty! My daughter is still not allowed to ride planes! How can we go back to the Philippines?" - she asked worriedly since her child is only almost three months old. She cannot actually risk the life of her Euphemia.

"*ehem* Kyrs, there are airlines that actually admits two-week-old babies for travel and some other airlines only allow two-month-old babies. It is said that if we are to fly with a baby then we must secure necessary medical requirements from a hospital and from the airlines and also we just need to bring your baby's birth certificate to ensure that she is indeed your child since baby napping is still prominent nowadays" - Liberty explained which made Kyrstique heave a deep sigh. She already knew that this friend of hers will definitely cause her a lot of headaches but she didn't really expect it to be this too soon. Not to mention that she will be going back to the Philippines after a year.

Good thing that it is the month of October and it will not be that hot in the Philippines and next month her baby Euphemia is turning 3 months old. Time really flies so fast but she does hope that when she'll find that man, he'll accept their daughter and that he isn't committed yet. Not that she fantasizes to have a happy ever with the man but just to make her less guilty of having a one night stand with a total stranger.

"Be sure to fix all your things now Krys! I will be back tomorrow to fetch you and Euphemia! Bye!" - Liberty exclaimed and in just a blink of an eye ay nawala na ito sa harap niya. She then blinked thrice before massaging her temple.

"Jesus Christ! Now I am regretting letting her get her way with finding that man"

*

Krystique

"Ms. Liberty are you sure you are all right?" - a man in black suit asked Liberty who is currently sitting beside me. Well, we already boarded the plane. And I am really shocked to know how fast she could book a ticket for three in just a day. Normally it will take a week or so for the airlines to finalize the flight you are asking. Like seriously? are all sons or daughters of wealthy businessmen like this friend of mine? Well, even though I am the daughter of a famous showbiz couple, I do not actually like getting all the VIP's and such. I do prefer a simple life.

"I am fine so go back to your sit. " - Liberty answered and the man immediately left which made Liberty heave a deep sigh

"Hindi ko alam kung bakit kailangan ko pa ng bwiset na bodyguard! Eh kaya ko naman ang sarili ko. Tsk my father is so over protective!" - she exclaimed which made me chuckle.

"Hayaan mo na. Buntis ka kasi kaya natural lang na mag-alala sayo ang daddy mo" - I said in a matter of fact tone. Totoo naman kasi, parents worry too much when it is about their children lalo na kapag babaeng anak. But sure I am different, my parents despise me for being such a disappointment. For choosing medicine as a profession and not showbusiness and for being a disgrace to the family name.

"I know Krys, but still I wanted to live the same way how I live when I was still in my disguise as a simple woman. Because of that, I got to meet you and I got to have this child in my womb. I just wish that my father would allow me to experience it again"- she said which made me touch my baby Euphemia's cheeks.

Right from the start I already knew that at some point Liberty and I are alike, I can't just pinpoint it that moment but now I know. It is because we are the same, we wanted the same lifestyle and I also have the same mindset as hers. And here we are we both got pregnant with unbelievable circumstances. However, the pregnancy I had and she has right now, we both did not think it as a curse but as a blessing.

My Euphemia is my blessing indeed and I know Liberty's baby will also be hers.

As a gently touch my baby's cheeks I just see how her lips twitch for a smile which made me smile as well.

"I just hope that my baby will be as cute as yours " - Liberty said and when I turn to look at her she is pouting her lips like a child. Her action immediately made me chuckle.

"I also hope that he or she will not be like his or her father"- she whispered clearly with full of sadness that made me stop chuckling. That brother of mine will surely pay for what he has done but as I teach him a lesson I have to make sure to find Euphemia's father. I just realized that Liberty is correct, that my baby needs a father to begin with since I did not make her on my own. And if she didn't get to see her father I know she will have a void in her heart and identity. I cannot let that happen I want to give the best for her.