Chapter 13: Promising Man

Seirá Agápis #2
Latch
Chapter 13: Promising Man

•••

NAGISING si Krystique sa isang malakas na katok na hindi niya alam kung saan nangga-galing. She half opened her eyes and she lazily got off from bed.

She went out of her room, she didn't even mind to at least fix herself. She is still sleepy, because her daughter kept her awake. Nagising kasi si Euphemia mga bandang ala-una ng madaling araw dahil nagugutom ito at puno na ang diapers sa suot-suot nito. At nakatulog ulit siya mga bandang alas-tres na nang madaling araw.

She didn't even bothered to check the time because she just want to get finished dealing with the one who is continuously knocking on her door.

"Wait" - she lazily said and she opened the door.

"What do you need? Who are you?" - salita niya at puno pa ito nang kataraman at kagustuhan niyang bumalik sa kanyang kama katabi si Euphemia para matulog.

"Didn't know that you are this cute when you are sleepy, my girl?" - when she heard a man's voice ay agad na naalerto ang kanyang sistema. She begins to rub her ehes with the back of her hand and when she begins to widely open her eyes ay halos malag-lag ang kanyang panga ng makita kung sino ang nasa kanyang harapan.

"Pfft that expression is priceless, Krys! Damn! Maybe I should visit you at this hour often" - the man said which made Krystique come back to her senses.

"M-m-miguel?!" - she exclaimed but then she closed her mouth using her two hands.

'Shit! I forgot Linalee and Euphemia are still sleeping'' - she scolded herself in her own mind as she eye Miguel who is now looking intently at her. She can't help but to notice the look he was giving to her, those piercing orbs are almost as it is looking deep into her soul and she does not know why but all of the sudden her body feels hot.

"Hey are you okay?" - takang tanong ni Miguel at akmang hahawakan siya nito sa kamay ng bigla niyang matabig ang kamay ng lalaki.

Her mouth went agape of what she has don, even Miguel was stunned when Krystique lightly slapped her hand.

She immediately looked down on the floor because of the guilt she is feeling and the awkwardness that is starting to arise in her own home. Para mabawasan ang awkwardness sa pagitan nilang dalawa ay nakapagdesisyon si Krystique na umarte na masakit ang ulo.

So she did put the hand that slapped Miguel's hand a while back on her forehead and she closed her eyes dramatically.

"Sorry Miguel... It's just that I don't really feel well. I did not get enough sleep since my daughter wake up at one am to be fed and to change diapers" - she reasoned out and she silently prayed that her excuse was perfect. Muli niyang dinilat ang kanyang mata and there he saw the worried eyes of the great cardiologist Miguel Santillan. She was stunned to see such expression on the man's face. And right now she is feeling guiltier than ever.

"It's just five am. Fuck! If only I knew I shouldn't have came here tch" - Miguel blurted out and he even run his fingers through her hair. Krystique was stunned with what Miguel has done, she actually finds the gesture quite sexy.

"Let's get you back to bed. You are prohibited to go to the hospital today I'll take care of the rest" - seryosong saad ng lalaki dahilan para lumaki ang mata ni Krystique. Aangal pa sana siya nang bigla nalang siyang binuhat ng lalaki. She wiggled out a bit to at least escape him but the man's hands embraced her even tighter which made the hotness she is feeling grow greater.

"Please just don't argue with me. You are a doctor yet you neglect your own health. Now where is your room right or left?" - seryosong saad ng lalaki dahilan para hindi na siya muling gumalaw pa. Kahit na peke lang ang pagsakit ng kanyang ulo ay alam niyang totoo ang sinasabi nito.

She is a doctor but sometimes she neglects her own heath especially when she is still single. She usually does not eat dinner and just eat heavy breakfast lunch to sustain her energy. But since Euphemia came she got used to eating at least four times a day.

"Right" - she said and it is almost a whisper. Miguel went to the Right room and when he opened it Krystique saw him smile.

"Is that your daughter?" - he asked and Krystique knows that Miguel is happy. She just nod her head to make her act that her head is aching natural.

"Alright you get some sleep and I'll watch you two" - Miguel said as he laid her down on her own bed. Miguel pulled her study table's chair and he sat beside her.

The man started to come her hair with his own fingers and it feels soothing.

"Sleep, my girl. Rest because I know you are tired" - he said and he continued combing Krystique hair until she finally closed her eyes and went to dream land.

Miguel then shifted his gaze to the sleeping baby next to Krystique. He then smiled and he touched the baby's cheek. Just as when he was about to withdraw his hand from touching the cheek of the baby, she saw how she smiled even if it is just a sly smile.

His hearted warmed and he smiled even more wider.

"Just a little longer." - he whispered as he watch the two ladies sleeping peacefully on their beds.

NAGISING si Krystique dahil sa isang pamilyar na boses na nasa kanyang kwarto. She slowly got up and she behins rubbing her eyes with the back of her hand.

She then absentmindedly grabbed her phone from the side table and she lazily checked the time.

"WHAT THE—" - she exclaimed as she saw the time. It's already 9:30 in the morning and she is already 30 minutes late at the hospital! And if she is still going to take a bath, find clothes, fee Euphemia she is sure she will be there at eleven and still other doctors will scold her for being tardy.

"Ssshh your baby is sleeping so quiet" - someone said and when she look where the voice is coming from. He then saw Miguel, holding her daughter. She smiled at the sight, it was very heartwarming to see your daughter getting carried by a man for the first time.

If only I coul— no! This is not entirely my fault since that man does not still want to show himself. Krystique now thinks how promising Miguel Santillan is as a man in every angle and she just hope that the father of her Euphemia is the same.

©️IMPERATRICE C

#JunkTerrorBill

Let's join our voices and let our voice be heard‼️📣