Chapter 12 - Is this another sign?

Seirá Agápis #2
Latch
Chapter 12: Is this another sign?

•••
"Giving up not only means that you are accepting defeat but also recognizing that there are still many opportunities for you" - Unknown
•••

NAKAUWI si Krystique sa kanyang unit mga bandang alas siete ng gabi. Dapat alas sais pa siyang makakauwi but she decided to take a stroll around the park to ease the sadness she is feeling right now.

Hindi siya pwedeng umuwi ng malungkot dahil mabilis makaramdam ang mga baby. Her daughter will surely notice that she is sad and will start crying.

Pagkapasok na pagkapasok niya ng bahay ay nakita niya si Linalee na nasa kusina at nagluluto habang si Euphemia naman ay nakita niyang mahimbing na natutulog sa crib.

"Welcome back Miss Krystique! Malapit nadin itong matapos niluluto ko" - Linalee said dahilan para mapangiti siya. Sinara niya na ang pintuan. Nilapag niya ang kanyang bag sa sofa, nilapitan niya si Euphemia at tska niya ito hinalikan sa pisngi. Then pumunta siya sa kusina and she then took a sit as she watch how Linalee's back while cooking. Naamoy niya ang masarap na niluluto nito dahilan para ma-excite siya na kumain.

'Well I am going to eat a lot tonight to ease the stress I am feeling' - Krystique said on her mind. Hanggang ngayon ay iniisip padin niya ang nangyari sa mga CCTV footages na na-recover ni Zara. Iniisip niya kung paano kaya kung sinabihan nalang niya si Zara na ito nalang ang tumingin sa mukha ng lalaki at ipa-sketch nalang, siguro hindi iyon mangyayari.

She is honestly putting half of the blame to herself and half to the father of her daughter.

'Bakit kasi ayaw niya pang magpakita? If he knows me then why does he keep on hiding? Grabe ang pa mysterious effect!' - she exclaimed on her mind. Siya na nga itong gumagawa ng paraan para magkita sila pero mukhang lalong ayaw magpakita ng lalaki.

She now believes in the old saying, na kapag lalo mong hinahanap lalong nagtatago.

"Miss Krystique kamusta ang lakad mo?" - Linalee interrupted her thoughts kasabay ng paglapag nito ng pagkain sa kanyang harapan. Sa sobrang lalim ng kanyang iniisip ay hindi niya napansin na binigyan na pala siya ng babae ng plato at utensils.

It is so embarrassing that she did not even help kahit na maghanda lamang ng plato ay hindi niya ginawa.

"It's okay Miss, alam ko naman na pagod ka" - Linalee said as if she actually read her mind. She then let out a smile

"Kain na tayo! Mukhang masarap ang luto mo!" - excited niyang saad dahilan para mapatawa si Linalee sa kanyang ginawa and both of them started to enjoy the food.

Ang niluto ni Linalee para sa kanilang hapunan ay simpleng stir fry at adobo sa natural. Ang adobo sa natural ay yung prinitong karne lamang that has quite few oil. Krystique can't help but to remember the past when she put the oil that the meat produced after getting fried and a little soy sauce on her rice to make it tasty. And makes her eat a lot.

When Krystique put the food inside her mouth, her eyes immediately grow wide when she tasted a mix of sweet, spicy and salty meat. This is the first time she tasted such dish that has different flavors in it. And it's really delicious!

"Mind if I ask something miss?" - biglang tanong ni Linalee dahilan para maputol muli ang pagiisip ni Krystique.

She swallow her food and nod her head in answer to her question.

"How was talking to your brother and have you had any clues regarding the father?" - Linalee, straightforwardly asked her which made her sigh. But as she had said a while back she cannot afford to be sad and stressed because of what happened.

She needs to be calm about it and she knows that she needs to share things that had happened so that she will not carry the burden alone.

"Well talking to my brother is fine, he told me lots of things and I guess we are being normal to each other. Unlike before that even though we are siblings by blood it is still evident that we are different from each other. I guess, talking to my brother a while ago, instantly made my long wish to come true. Like to be able to interact with him, share stories and many more" - She said with a smile on her face and he drank the orange juice, prepared by Linalee before answering the next question

"As for Euphemia's father, the footages were deleted. Even Zara did not know how it was deleted. Now my progress is back to zero since I've got no leads left. But I will not give up, no yet. Let's just say I am looking for another sign for me to totally surrender looking for him" - pagpapatuloy ni Krystique at nang tingnan niya si Linalee ay nakangiti ito ng malapad sakanya.

"I am proud of you miss. I hope you'll find your answer soon, because I think there are still some guys who will accept you even though you already have Euphemia" -Linalee said as she continues to eat the food. What Linalee said made her think of Doctor Miguel Santillan, and the words he said to her when he actually confessed.

'Well I guess she's right.' - she agreed on her mind and she too continued eating.

MATAPOS nilang kumain at maghanda sa pagtulog ay agad na nagbihis si Krystique ng pambahay. After that she went back to the living room and she carried Euphemia towards their room.

"Good night miss" - saad sakanya ni Linalee habang nakatayo ito sa pintuan ng guest room. Krystique smiled and she replied,

"Good night Linalee" - Linalee decided to sleep everyday in her unit since she has still one room and Linalee believes that it will be convenient for the both of them.

Pumasok na din siya sa kanyang kwarto at nilapag niya si Euphemia sa kama. Humiga nadin siya at tska niya niyakap ang anak. Safe naman matulog ang kanyang anak sa kama dahil may mga unan namang nakaharang sa gilid nito to keep her from falling.

She was then about to sleep when she her phone on the side table starts vibrating. She opened it and she saw a message coming from Miguel

Miguel

Sorry if I just messaged you now.
I became busy when u left the hospital.
Operated for 5 hours 😩
I know u r tired🙄
Take care of yourself and Euphemia.😍
Good night.. and dream of me 😂😂😂

That was the contents of the message. And reading the message of a colleague and a friend makes her heart at ease. She was about to type her reply but she chose not to, dahil baka iba ang isipin ng lalaki. Miguel tends to get to cocky on things.

While thinking about him, she suddenly remembered the kiss they shared that morning. And even though it's hours had already passed she can still feel her cheeks heating up and even her heart starts beating abnormally.

"Miguel! You sneaky bastard" - she whispered yet there is a huge smile on her face and she can't help but to wonder if the message Miguel sent her is another sign she needs to take note of.

©️IMPERATRICE C