Chapter 23: Forget What I Said

LATCH
Chapter 23: Forget what I said

💠

Krystique's Point of View

It's been two days since we met. And I guess, he really did changed a lot. Napansin ko yun sa dalawang araw na nakalipas dahil lagi ko siyang pinagmamasdan. I don't know but since I saw him two days ago and we had a little chat, I felt the sudden urge to know what the heck happened to him. I know that it is not entirely my fault but I can't actually help but to feel guilty. That maybe it was my fault for him being able to change so much, me being so inconsiderate before and not being able to hear his side of the story properly. 

"Good morning Doc De Garcia" - a man suddenly said and when I turn around I saw a blonde haired man, maybe the same height as Miguel and he also got  the looks to be considered as handsome. 

"Good morning Doc--

"Orson Mcbride, I am a Neurosurgeon just like you from the United States" - he said as he reached his left hand for a handshake. I was hesitant to accept the handshake since people may get the wrong idea but I also don't want him to feel humiliated

"Nice to meet you. How did you know me by the way?" - I asked as I accepted his hand for a handshake. After a few shake ay binitawan ko nadin ang kamay niya. Mahirap na at baka isipin ng mga tao dito ay nakikipaglandian ako sakanya. And I also don't want Miguel to see this one and to think that I am flirting with some other doctor.

"Well I guess you are quite famous around here and I am amazed on how you participated on yesterday's Question and Answer portion" - he said with a smile dahilan para mapangiwi ako. I can't help but to think that he heard all the rumors about me and Miguel in this place, and also I don't think I participated that much yesterday dahil wala naman talaga akong ibang ginawa kundi titigan si Miguel.

Wait a minute!! Does he actually mean that he saw me looking at Miguel?! No that can't be possible dahil kahit tinititigan ko si Miguel ay sinisiguro kong walang ibang makakapansin. Did I actually participate in the Q and A portion?

"It seems you forgot when you differentiated the three types of bleeding. Well actually you are not called to answer it however, I guess you answered it out of reflexes and the whole crowd heard your answer" - sabi niya na para bang nabasa niya kung nasa isip ko. Napangiwi nalang ako dahil hindi ko alam na may nagawa pala akong hindi ko alam at tanda kahapon. 

"Ah hehe. Right maybe it is just my reflexes" - pilit na natatawang saad ko. He was then about to speak when suddenly someone pulled my arms which made me step a little back. 

"Sorry Mr. Mcbride but Ms De Garcia is not available to flirt with you"  - A familiar voice suddenly said and when I lift my head I saw Miguel's face and I know that he is definitely angry. Heck! Eto na nga ba ang sinasabi ko na baka iba ang isipin niya sa pagkikipagusap ko dito sa lalaking to'

"Oh sorry Director Santillan, I just thought that Miss De Garcia is single. If I know that she is your woman then maybe I wouldn't made my move" - Orson Mcbride said and Miguel's grip on my arm suddenly tightened which made me flinch.

Walang hiyang Orson Mcbride na to! He just added fuel to the fire!

"Get lost Orson, Even if you are my friend I will not hesitate to punch you if you dare to get close with my woman" - Miguel exclaimed which suddenly made me blush and even made my heart skip a beat. Walang hiyang Miguel na to! Galit na nga nagpapakilig pa! Nakakabwiset! Did he actually notice that he is already making a damn scene?!

"Miguel tara na.. Madami nang nanonood o" - I whispered and I heard him 'tsk' -ed before he dragged me away. While he is dragging me I cannot help but to look at our hands. This is actually the first time he held my hands without me being so nervous and afraid. This actually feels so right yet I know this is still not the right time.

We haven't fixed everything yet.

Napabalik ako sa katotoohanan ng makarinig ako ng malakas na pagsara ng pinto and then I realized that we are actually inside the conference room, the room where we actually first met officially as doctors.

"Krystique De Garcia! Who told you to talk to men without me around?!" - Miguel exclaimed as he pinned me on the wall and he even move his face near mine. 

"If I didn't told you not to then I am telling this to you now! Don't you fucking dare talk to other men especially men like Orson! I am also the only one who can fucking hold your hand! Got that?!" - he exclaimed dahilan para malunok ko ang sarili kong laway. Is he jealous for real? Maybe I should ask him that

"Be honest with me Miguel.. Are you jealous?" - I asked and the dark look he has on his face suddenly disappeared and I flinched when I felt his cold hand on my right cheek.

"If I told you I am jealous will you reconsider our relationship and will never leave my side?" - he said which made me froze. He is right... If he said that he is jealous will I be able to reconsider our relationship? be able to agree to be his girlfriend so that he will not be jealous anymore? 

My mouth parted and I was about to say 'yes' when his phone suddenly ring. He took it out of his pocket and I was able to see a glimpse of who is calling.

Janine

Who the hell is this Janine and why the hell is she calling Miguel?

I looked at Miguel and he heave a sigh and he answered the call

"What?.... tsk alright I'll be there.. Yes yes I will not forget bye...." - he said over the phone and he looked at me with a sad face. What the hell is wrong?

" I'll just visit our daughter some time this week. And I guess it is really impossible for us so forget what I said just now and go on with your life" - he suddenly said and before I could even react ay nakaalis na siya.

Napaupo ako sa sahig dahil sa narinig ko. What j-just happened?

©IMPERATRICEC

SEPT 2020