Chapter 24: There's Nothing Holding Him Back

Latch

Chapter 24: There's Nothing Holding Him Back

💠

Krystique's Point of View

After having that encounter with Miguel, I just decided to skip yesterday's session. I told the head organizer that I am not feeling well and right now I am still hesitant if I will participate. I know almost fifty percent saw that scene yesterday there is also a few who saw how terrible I look. And right now I know I still look terrible. My eyes are still puffy from crying so much last night. 

"Good Morning Doc De Garcia" - the guard greeted me with a smile which made me also smile back. I entered the hospital and I froze when everyone is actually busy not with hospital duties but they are simply decorating the hospital.

"Good morning Doc De Garcia" - the head nurse approached me with also a big smile plastered on her face. Okay- that's quite odd.. First the guard greeted me with a smile and now the head nurse? Why is it odd? Because the head nurse does not usually greet Doctors who have just arrived in the hospital.

Their first task is to check the nursing units remind them of their tasks, and as much as possible help the interns

"Good Morning too Head Nurse, so where is everybody?" - Saad ko and she handed me a paper. Napakunot ang noo ko ng makita kung ano ang nasa papel

"Today is a rest day for all the doctors since the Director is getting engaged already" - she said still with a huge smile plastered on her face. Walang buhay kong tiningnan ang papel and she is right. Today is the engagement of Miguel with someone. The name of the person he is going to be engaged with is unexpectedly blank. Maybe that's what he actually meant yesterday, that there is no hope for us because he is actually getting engaged and maybe that Janine is the lucky woman.

Napangiti ako ng mapait dahil sa natuklasan ko ngayong umaga.

Anyways it is actually my fault for him getting engaged with a different woman. I did not gave him an answer nor cleared my situation. I did not even gave him a reassurance that I with our daughter will come back to him when I am already fine. 

"Alright so what are the doctors going to do now?" - I asked the head nurse and I saw how the smile on her face faded.

"I am sorry Doc De Garcia, I know that you and the Director had a past and maybe I shouldn't have given you an invitation. " - she said and I immediately shook my head

"No it's fine. Just tell me what I should do since it is a rest day for the doctors"

"Uhmm the director said that everyone should go prepare for later's party. He said that everyone should wear something special"- she said and I nod my head

"Alright then I will do that" - sagot ko sakanya at naglakad na muli ako papalabas ng hospital. Dumiretso ako sa kotse na nirentahan ko para lang sa ilang araw na pananatili ko dito sa Manila. Pumasok ako sa loob and I heave a deep sigh.

"Fate played us too well and now we have no chance of getting together again" - I whispered as I stare at the candid photo I took of him months ago. I guess this is goodbye Miguel but don't worry I will attend your party. I will just have a look if you are indeed going to be happy with her.

💠

Moments Later

"You know sis you could have just used some of you dresses you bought from Germany instead of buying a new one. You know those clothes are still new and you never actually used them" - Lynx said while he is playing my daughter's hands. Well he is right, I still have a few dresses in my closet that I haven't been used since I have no time in attending parties but I still ended up buying an new one. Maybe I am expecting that if I dress up he will still notice me.

"Can you just take a picture of me so that I will be able to post something on instagram" - I said and my brother rolled his eyes at me but he still grabbed my phone. I started posing in front of him and after a few takes ay binalik niya nadin saakin ang cellphone ko.

Binuksan ko ang picture na kinuha niya and I can't help but to praise how good he took it. I will definitely post this on instagram.

"Oh yeah I'll be home early so don't need to fetch my Lynx

"Oh yeah I'll be home early so don't need to fetch my Lynx. You just need to watch over my daughter alright?" - I said as I grab my cardigan and I walk towards the door or the hotel we rented

"Alright just be careful sis. When there is something weird going on don't forget to call me" - he said and I nod my head at lumabas na ako ng aming kwarto. I need to do this, I need to face him, this is the least I can do for him since I caused him pain as well.

💠

Pagkaparada na pagkaparada ko ng sasakyan ay agad akong lumabas at tinaggal ko nadin ang cardigan na suot suot ko at hinagis ko ito sa back seat ng kotse. I closed the door and I heave a deep sigh at tska ako naglakad patungo sa entrance ng hospital and I smiled when I saw the guard wearing a suit as well just like the other doctors I saw entering the place. 

"Ang ganda natin ngayon Doc ah!" - the guard who greeted me awhile back exclaimed which made me laugh. 

"Nambola ka pa kuya" - I said and too laughed at naglakad na ako papasok at sumalubong saakin ang magandang desenyo ng lugar.  I noticed that the nurses are still wearing their daily uniforms, so that only means that the doctors are just the ones who are wearing formal attires, that's justifiable since there are still a lot of patients here

"Doc De Garcia, please follow me dahil kayo nalang po ang hinihintay" - the head nurse who I just talked a while back exclaimed at hinila niya ako. Mabuti nalang nga at nabalanse ko ang sarili ko dahil kung hindi ay siguradong sasalubsob ang mukha ko sa sahig. And what does she mean that I am the only one who is missing?

After a few walks or rather runs ay nakarating kami sa hall and before I could even react ay naitulak na ako papasok ng head nurse dahilan para awtomatikong mawalan ako ng kaunting balanse, mabuti nalang at madali kong naayos ang sarili ko.

" I know you are already curious of who is the lucky girl, and you guys will know soon. To all my friends and of course to my family, you know how many months I waited for this day to finally happen. There is already nothing hold me back and I am going to start confessing this afternoon through this song and there will be a video for you guys to know who is the lucky girl" - I suddenly heard Miguel said and when I look for him ay nakita ko siya sa stage at ganon at halos malaglag ang panga ko ng makitang nasa stage din ang kapatid ko.

Teka lang diba nasa hotel siya? how the heck did he got here before I did?! What the heck is going on?!

©IMPERATRICEC

SEPT. 2020