10

Chapter Ten —
Terrified

TRIGGER WARNINGThis chapter includes a character experiencing a panic attack and has mentions of anxiety

TRIGGER WARNING
This chapter includes a character experiencing a panic attack and has mentions of anxiety. If this is something you are not comfortable reading then please skip over the chapter.

Rosa wasn't entirely thrilled to be on meal prep duty, mostly because she didn't have much experience in that area, but she was willing to give it a go, and Will was proving to be a very helpful teacher.

Rosa wasn't sure if she'd actually ever spoken to Will properly before being on lunch duty with him, but she remembered him clearly from the first day, defending Kelly at the bridge, and then Cassandra in the church. She almost felt like she had to apologise for the way some of her friends had treated him, especially Harry, who turned into the world's biggest asshole whenever he was around.

Will had left her to finish adding ingredients to the sauce they were heating, a supposedly easy job considering most of it was stirring, though, when it began bubbling quite violently, Rosa began to worry, deciding to give it a quick taste test.

As she pulled the spoon away from her lips, she winced at the overwhelmingly sweet taste, turning to face Glenn, who was also on meal prep duty with her, much to his distaste – though being with Rosa made it a little more bearable for him.

"Glenn," Rosa's soft voice rang out, immediately catching his full attention. "Can you come and taste this?"

He set the knife down on the table, hands wiping against his apron as he headed over to her. Rosa held out a spoon, her hand hovering underneath to catch anything that dripped. Glenn took it from her hands and tasted the sauce, unable to stop himself pulling a face at the strange taste, desperately not wanting to hurt her feelings. He coughed slightly, handing her back the spoon. Rosa's expression began to fall in disappointment at his reaction.

"Jeez, Rosa, how much salt did you put in there?"

Her eyes landed on the salt packet on the table. "Just a tablespoon, that's what Will said to do."

Glenn's eyebrows drew together. He picked up the open packet and began examining it, his eyes soon landing on the label that actually read 'sugar.'

He turned back to Rosa, who watched him expectantly, noticing the amused smile that he couldn't stop from twitching on his lips.

"What?" She asked, growing impatient by his lack of response. "Seriously, what?"

"Rosa–" he cut off with a laugh, turning the packet around so that she could see. "This–" he tried again, still unable to regain control of his laughter. "This is sugar."

Rosa instantly put her head in her hands, embarrassment taking over as she realised her stupid mistake. And now she'd ruined the food Will had worked so hard on.