note

First of all, fuck Netflix.

I'm really disappointed that The Society has been cancelled, especially since, for over a year now, everyone had been under the impression that season 2 was happening. The series had been written and the actors had been told that filming was planning to happen in the next couple of weeks. And yet, Netflix continues to disappoint us all – wish I was surprised, but I'm not.

I know there's a lot of petitions circling online to help build momentum on either Netflix reversing the decision, or another network picking up the show, so imma put some petition links here:

https://www.change.org/p/netflix-renew-the-society/psf/promote_or_share?guest=new&short_display_name=Molly&recruiter=1081378265&source_location=react-fe   — this one is at 60k!!

https://www.change.org/p/netflix-save-netflix-s-the-society/psf/promote_or_share?guest=new&short_display_name=Molly&recruiter=1094461640&source_location=react-fe

It's also been suggested that the fans have a big rewatch of the show, in the hopes it'll get it on Netflix's trending page. I don't live in America but I've seen something on twitter about a mass rewatch together on the 26th August.

Obviously, I know a lot of this is a complete shot in the dark, but it has worked in some cases for other shows, so it's definitely worth a try!

The main reason that I'm writing this note is because the cancellation of the show impacts this book. However, I desperately want to see this story through to an ending that it deserves. So, after taking the time to consider whether it's something I could realistically do, I have decided that I want to continue and do my own version of season 2.

However, my biggest difficulty is that there are SO many important unanswered questions from season 1. I have seen a lot of really interesting theories online, and I also have a few of my own that I could potentially work with too, but I'm definitely gonna need your help with this.

First and foremost, it would be really great to have your input on things that you thought would happen/ wanted to happen in season 2. This includes any theories or ideas you have come up with or have seen elsewhere online (pls link me to them if you can too!!) – eg, why they're in the town, is it a parallel universe or something else, who the father of becca's baby is, charlie the dog, the meaning of the season 1 ending etc. Basically, anything that you can think of.

I know so many of you are super clever and come up with these really cool, creative and detailed theories of your own, so if it's something you've worked really hard on but still want to share, I will, of course, give you credit for any part of it that is used or taken inspiration from.

Another thing I'd like to know is anything you want to see from this story going forwards – eg, Rosa's character arc, her relationships with certain characters. I know it's probably been a long time since many of you have read this, but I'd still love to know your thoughts!

I hope this can become a creative project that you, as readers, can feel really involved with. So, if you would like to share any thoughts or ideas then please either comment them on here or dm me. I would really appreciate it!

It's definitely going to take a lot of work to figure this out and create a plot, but this book is something that I'm really passionate about. You will, though, have to allow time for these chapters to be planned and written, as it may take quite a while to come up with a concrete storyline. I also have other ongoing books at the moment, and I will be back at uni soon, so my time will start becoming a bit more limited.

I'm super excited to continue this, and having creative reign will definitely be fun. It is a huge shame that season 2 of the show was cancelled, but I hope I can do it some justice by continuing this story.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this, I really hope to get back to writing Rosa soon.

As Kathryn and Gideon said in their live the other day, the world is such a strange place right now. And whilst this show meant a lot to us, there are so many other things going on. Like, seriously, everything is super crazy right now. If you're signing petitions for The Society, please make sure you're also fighting other, and much more important, injustices. Keep signing petitions for BLM, the LGBT community, Yemen, and so many other causes.

Most of all, please take care of yourselves. Wear a mask. Wash your hands. Stay safe. ❤️

Part two will be coming soon.