25

Chapter Twenty Five —
Trust

The next afternoon, Rosa was on her way to the notice board outside the town hall

After being informed that elections were going to be held for mayor and council members, she found herself very surprised that Allie had even decided on holding elections, and wondered what exactly had prompted her change of heart.

Rosa wasn't entirely interested in being mayor, she still believed Allie had grown to become the best person for that job at the moment, and unless any other candidate wholly impressed her, which was doubtful, she would stick to that. However, Rosa was interested in securing a place on the council, finding it a fitting position for her, especially given how much time she'd spent working with Allie over the past few months.

Meanwhile, Grizz was getting ready for the expedition to find land, and Rosa would be lying if she wasn't worried out of her mind for the outcome. She almost thought about going with him, but decided her skills were probably better placed at home, making and debating decisions.

Rosa picked up the pen, scrawling her name on the list for council members, noticing it was already full of a number of names, including Sasha's, which made her smile. Out of curiosity, her gaze drifted over the names written on the mayor sheet, eyes almost bursting out of their sockets when she read Harry Bingham. "What the f–"

"Rosa," Allie spoke from behind her, completely startling her. "Sorry," she apologised quickly, noticing how Rosa had flinched at the sound of her voice.

"Jesus Christ, Allie," Rosa placed a hand over her heart, her pulse racing from her jolt of surprise. She then began to point to the sheet of paper on the notice board. "Did you see–"

"Harry's name?" Allie finished for her. "Yeah, I did. Campbell signed him up."

Rosa frowned, in some way relieved that Harry hadn't done it himself, but also completely baffled as to why Campbell would sign Harry up for mayor, and not himself. She knew his game, she knew he wanted power, so why was he using Harry, who was unbelievably unwell the last time she saw him?

"Okay, what? Why?"

"I don't know," Allie responded cluelessly, shaking her head. "But I need you to do me another favour."

"What's up?" Rosa asked, mind occupied with curiously over the whole Harry mayor situation. She decided she needed to speak to him.

"I need you to speak to Harry," Allie said, as if reading her thoughts. "Try and find out what exactly is going on. I don't think he'll talk to me, but he trusts you."

Rosa nodded in compliance. She was certain that Campbell was manipulating Harry somehow, and she was determined to find out what exactly was going on. "Okay. I'll talk to Harry, find out what the hell is going on."