11

Chapter Eleven —
Prom

Rosa and Grizz walked side by side into the school building, where they were immediately engulfed into the joyful atmosphere of prom

Rosa wore a fitted wine coloured dress, which stopped just above her knees. She'd paired it with black heels, which she knew she was going to regret wearing by the end of the night. She hadn't had chance to buy a dress for prom before everything happened, so ended up having to borrow something from Sasha, which she didn't mind, since it was a gorgeous dress.

Rosa wasn't the biggest fan of the whole prom cliche, but did enjoy the socialisation aspect, and having the chance to dress up properly once in awhile.

Prom definitely came at a much needed time, giving the teenagers of West Ham an evening to properly let loose and enjoy themselves, forgetting about the events of the past two weeks. It personally came at an important time for Rosa too, who still felt a little shaken up after the ordeal in the kitchen a few days before.

Grizz wore a mint shirt, which, in all honesty, looked horrendous next to the colour of Rosa's dress – the two of them probably should have coordinated on that.

"We look stupid," Rosa commented, tilting her head to look up at her best friend, who laughed in response. "Seriously, we really should have thought about what we were wearing."

"Is this your way of saying you want to ditch me?" Grizz asked her, placing a hand over his heart in fake hurt.

"No, it's just my way of saying we look stupod," Rosa replied, bumping her shoulder lightly with his. "I'd never ditch you, Grizzy, it's tradition to go as each other's dates. Even if we do forget to colour coordinate."

"Well, I think we look great."

"Hey, hey!" Clark shouted over to the two of them, holding a few drinks in the air, the movement causing a lot of the liquid to overspill all down his arms. "It's my favourite power couple!"

Rosa and Grizz both cringed, taking a drink each from his hands, whilst Jason whacked Clark on the back of the head. "Dude, it's power friendship," he corrected.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Clark rolled his eyes, taking a sip of his drink. "By the way," he gestured between the two of them. "That colour coordination, really not working out for you guys."

Rosa turned to face Grizz, raising her eyebrows. "Told you."

"Rosa!" Sasha cheered, clearly already a little buzzed as she stumbled over to them. "You look gorgeous!"

"Thanks, Sash," Rosa smiled as her friend's arms wrapped around her. "You look great."

"And you..." Sasha's attention fell on Grizz, trailing off as she took in his full outfit. "Well, you could do better."