23

Chapter Twenty Three —
Thanksgiving

Chapter Twenty Three —Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving had ended in disaster.

The evening started off well, everybody was fairly jovial considering the mixed news they'd been given. And that mood was boosted even more by the announcement that Helena and Luke were now engaged.

Rosa would like to say she didn't cry at the wonderful news of two of her closest friends planning to get married, but she absolutely did.

The thanksgiving food was incredible, the best they'd had in a while, and light-hearted conversations were truly dominating, for the first time since they had arrived in New Ham. Even after the long day she'd dealt with, Rosa had finally eased into the evening, in the company of all her closet friends – apart from Grizz, who, strangely, hadn't showed.

However, the night soon took a turn when an improv group decided to put on a play, which, guided mostly by Lexie, ended up turning into an attack on Allie and her leadership.

The night had turned sour after that performance, and Rosa soon left to go home with Sasha and Glenn, expecting to find Grizz there, but he still wasn't around. Rosa couldn't help but feel slightly concerned about his whereabouts, especially since he hadn't text her to let her know where he was, but she tried not to dwell on it too much. After all, it's not like he could have gotten very far.

They were all planning to wait up for him, but Sasha went to bed straight away, claiming she'd eaten too much and needed to sleep it off.

So, Rosa ended up sprawled across her bed, scrolling through old photos on her phone, in the company of Glenn, who sat on the edge of the mattress, a huge bag of Doritos in his hands and a hint of a smirk on his face as he watched her.

"What?" Rosa eventually asked. She glanced up at him with an exasperated look, becoming curious as to why Glenn had been looking at her so intently.

"Nothing," he shrugged, placing another Dorito into his mouth to hide the grin teasing at his lips. "I was just thinking about how gorgeous you look tonight."

Rosa glanced away, her face becoming flushed. Glenn had always been flirtatious, especially around Rosa, but the last few weeks he'd really stepped up his game – and Rosa would be lying if she said she hadn't started to enjoy it.

Rosa shook her head at him, biting back a smile. "You gotta stop this."

"Stop what?" He asked innocently.

Glenn's eyes flickering to her lips momentarily before their stares met. Rosa brought her bottom lip between her teeth, drawing Glenn's attention back to her mouth again. He swallowed thickly, stomach feeling as if it was tying itself in knots as he watched her, debating on whether or not to make a move.

Their eyes found each other again, silent glances battling, as if daring each other to make the first move. And then, finally, a teasing smile began to pull at Rosa's lips. "Are you gonna kiss me or what?"