16

Chapter Sixteen —
Boys Will Be Boys

"Hey, how was the movie last night?" Grizz asked as he stepped into the kitchen, returning from his guard shift with Glenn

"It was good thanks," Rosa replied. She was in the middle of plating up sandwiches that she'd made them for lunch, so took a moment to turn around to face them. "Are you guys hungry?"

Glenn's eyes lit up at the sight of food. "Like that's even a question." Rosa chuckled.

"So what did you guys watch?" Grizz questioned, taking a seat at the table.

Sasha sat on the opposite stool, her legs swinging underneath her as she chewed on a peanut butter sandwich. "The Princess Bride."

"Oh man, I love that movie," Glenn stated, taking a plate from Rosa.

"How was work this morning?" Sasha asked them both.

Grizz exchanged an uneasy look with Glenn, clearing his throat as he took a seat at the table.

The smile slipped from Rosa's expression. "What? What's wrong?"

"So, uh, Sam told us an interesting story," he said.

Rosa's gaze shifted between him and Glenn, searching their faces for some kind of answer. "What happened?"

"Well, Campbell Eliot is a diagnosed psychopath."

Sasha dropped the remains of her sandwich on her plate. "Sorry, what?"

"Campbell," Glenn repeated slowly. "Is a fucking psychopath."

Rosa looked between her friends unsurely, unable to tell whether they were joking or not. "Are you being serious?"

"Yes."

Rosa leaned back against the wall, letting the information sink in. "Holy shit."

"I'm not sure this surprises me as much as it should do," Sasha commented.

"Thank you." Glenn looked to Grizz, motioning his hand towards Sasha. "That's exactly what I said."

"I mean, it makes sense right?" Rosa said, taking a step forwards. "You think he killed Cassandra?"

"He's her cousin," Grizz pointed out.

"Yeah, but he's also a fucking psychopath," Glenn reminded, taking an aggressive bite of his sandwich.

"Sam said their family didn't keep guns," Grizz argued.

"And?" Rosa challenged. "He could have gotten hold of one from anyone around here."

Glenn nodded his head in agreement, shovelling the rest of the sandwich into his mouth. Rosa and Grizz both looked at him in mild disapproval, causing Glenn to frown.