Snippet

Excerpt for Cali Love

Enjoy!

- ѕнayylondon

My heart stopped.

My breathing increased as I felt my head instantly spinning.

My lips parted...but nothing came out for a split second.

"This cannot be fucking happening"

I said out loud as a flood of tears formed in the rim of my eyes. I closed my eyes, feeling my body become weaker as I leaned on the cold green and white wall of the bathroom stall I was in.  It was fourth period, Ms. Xera's Entrepreneur class and I wasn't feeling the best.  I had splatters of Panera Bread's Passion Papaya Green Tea that I had for breakfast with a Nova Lox bagel on my white uniform shirt. I'll be damned if I stay at school with this shit on me like a toddler.  I had to leave school, but I know my mom would catch a bitch fit if I asked her to come get me. 

I had no choice because my daddy gonna' be in business meetings all day and I know my brother isn't gonna leave school to come all the way up here to get me and then bring me back to Baldwin Hills.  Shit!

I coughed as I already knew what the fuck was up with me and I had no way to deny it.  Pulling my iPhone out, I pressed the facetime button waiting for an answer.  After four rings, the video call connected and my mother pretty round face appeared in the camera.

"What Cali?" she asked.

"Mommy" I whined. " I don't feel good"

"What ya problem?"

I could hear a bunch of commotion in the background of hair dryers going off, laughter and the sounds of Lauryn Hill's Ex-Factor playing softly in the background.  I knew she was at work, hopefully not working on a client's head so she can swing to pick me up. 

"Shay...when yo next appointment?" I heard a voice shout in the background.

"At 1:30," my mom said, turning around to acknowledge the person she was talking to. "What's wrong with you Cali?" she focused her attention back on me.

"My stomach is really hurting me and I threw up"

I moved the camera down so she could see the evidence of this morning's activities.  My mother squinted her eyes as she pressed her nude matte lips together.

"I'll be there in 20 minutes. Go sit in the main office" she said before disconnecting the call.

Thank god, I thought as I placed my phone in my shirt pocket and opening the bathroom stall.  I walked over to the bathroom mirror, using my hands to smooth up my already laid ponytail before staring at myself.  My almond-shaped, bright brown eyes were red as hell as my lips trembled. I leaned on the bathroom vanity to keep myself from crumbling to the floor.  I had to get myself together before going back to class and getting my books and things before heading to the main office. 

I just don't want to hear my momma mouth bout nun and I don't want her questioning me about shit.

----

"So you throwing up and what not huh?" My mother questioned as she pulled out of the school parking lot.

I knew I should have just taken the chance to have daddy come and get me, I thought as I looked out the window. 

Mila J' Kickin' Back played through my mother's system in her Black on Black BMW. I watched the passing cars cruise past us as I felt my mother's eyes piercing through the side of my face.  My mom looked so pretty, even when she was pissed off.  Her long Jet black hair hung to the middle of her back as her face was flawlessly beat with nothing but high-end makeup gracing her skin.  She batted her almond-shaped Asian like eyes that were extra dramatic, thanks to her Mink Lashes and her ocean honey colored eye contacts.  I slowly looked over at her and her eyes widened, waiting for an answer.