Two

Cali Serenity

Cali Serenity

It was a long night. It seemed like God was on my side because shit could have seriously went left.

I thanked that cab driver last night as I hopped out of the cab and entered the house through the garage. I am so glad my parents didn't hear me come in and I was able to get in the shower and cry my heart out.

Never in a million years did I think something like that could happen to me. I sat in my last period class, reliving those horrible moments of being groped on, held at gunpoint and robbed.

I felt so violated, traumatized, frightened and disordered.

I wouldn't even talk to Monique in school. I had nothing to say to her.

I didn't want to be bothered with her just yet. I needed time to let last night bullshit marinate.

It was Friday and I just wanted to go back home and get in my bed, disconnecting from the world of Los Angeles. The only way I would be able to do that is if I made sure that I called my cousin KJ to come and pick me up from school today.

Once the bell rung, I made my way to one of the exits and entered the parking lot.

"Cali!"

I turned around to see Monique running up to me. I sighed as I turned back around to walk towards my cousin truck, which was sitting against the curb amongst other cars that were picking up students.

"Damn you still mad at me for leaving you last night?" She questioned, twisting her lips up.

Shaking my head, I replied "You don't even know the shit I went through last night"

"Well, what was it? You actin crazy"

"Bitch, if you didn't leave me maybe I wouldn't have gotten robbed in yo cousin crummy ass neighborhood last night"

"Cali!...Cali!"

I began to walk away from Monique, leaving standing there to process what the fuck I just said.

I made my way to my cousin's all black Mercedes Jeep as I hopped in.

"Wassup apple head?"

My cousin KJ greeted me as I closed the passenger door. KJ was short for Kayden Jackson, one of Crenshaw High's finest basketball players.

To me, he was just Kayden my annoying cousin. Kayden was the definition of a cocky nigga but he had every reason to be.

I wasn't checking out my cousin or nun but he was a highly attractive dude and all my friends be on his fucking heels like he's Mr.GQ or some shit.