ThirtyThree

Cali Serenity

Cali Serenity.

I worked on my Entrepreneurship homework as I bobbed my head to the sound of Keri Hilson's "Pretty girl rock" that blared through my headphones. 

I and Kross have been seeing each other but I haven't placed a title back on our relationship and I think it's starting to get to Kross.

That's how I wanted it 

We've been having better chemistry, better sex, and just an overall better relationship with out the title as I would like to call it. 

Kross still be hustling in the streets, doing hood antics with the homies, but he seemed to have his son more than usual, which cuts into the wild sex that we've been having but its fine.

That has allowed me to pick up a volunteer job tutoring kids in reading during after-school hours. 

I decided that I needed something on my resume that my guidance counselor was constructing for me.

She made a valid point that I need to show colleges that I am involved in the community next to my outstanding grades. 

Besides homework, I needed something to keep me busy when I got out of school.

Sitting around smoking weed and shopping wasn't the most productive, especially since my dad caught me smoking a J in the back yard.

He didn't even buck on the fact that I was smoking, just the fact that I went in his stash and didn't ask.

Mom and dad have been so involved in Bryson and Kayden about to graduate and alongside my Uncle Cube and Auntie Cynthia that they've barely had time to sit around the house and have much family time.

Anyway, I finished my last sentence and closed my binder before slipping it into my tory Burch bag and heading into the living room.

Vrr...Vrr...

I looked down at my phone in my hand to see Kross's name flash across my screen.

Kross (4:51 PM): Come outside.

What the fuck is he up too? I thought as I tossed my bag into the chair and made my way to the door, opening it to reveal him standing there in his Mariner's hat, a white Polo button-up shirt and blue Jeans with a fresh pair of Air Force 1's. 

His long braids cascaded on his shoulders as he stared down at me, eyes red and glassy from smoking a fat L. 

He looked me up and down.

"You look nice" he complimented, eyeing my body.

"This ain't the first time you saw me in this raggedy uniform," I said as I held the door open for him to walk inside.

"I know but I always like that tennis skirt thang that shows yo legs and shit.  Make a nigga feel a way" Kross said, walking past me into the house.