ThirtySix

KJ

KJ

| Crenshaw High |

"She makes a nigga mad as fuck" I muttered.

I watched Yolanda close her locker after grabbing her textbooks. Shit been real rocky since that night we hung out with Cali and Kross.

It was an early Friday morning in Crenshaw High and I was high as gas, standing in a fresh pair of all white and royal blue Jordans 9's and my cocaine white Nike Tech tracksuit that had the royal blue "swoosh" check.

I walked up to her as she hugged her textbooks against her bosom.

"So wassup wit it?" I asked, walking beside Yolanda.

"Sup with what Kayden?" she asked me, not even directing her attention towards me.

"You know what I'm talkin bout cuh" I said with irritation in my voice. "I been callin yo ass all damn day, you leaving me on seen, and you been actin like I aint yo nigga more. Fuck goin on cuh?"

Yolanda stopped short before heaving a "leave me alone" sigh.

"Look Kayden. You in my face talking bout why I aint been responding to you, but you expect me to be good after you take my fuckin watch off my arm?"

"I told you cuh, it aint yo watch. Its Cali watch!"

"How the fuck is it Cali's watch when my best friend gave it to me huh?" Yolanda questioned. " How the fuck she knows him? I aint never see her ass round my way for him to even know her. Her boujee ass wouldn't step foot in Watts"

I sucked my teeth as I leaned against the locker in front of her, looking her up and down. Her hair was pinned up into a messy bun with some of her hairs falling down the sides of her face.

With a Crenshaw High Sweater, Black Jeans hugging them slim thick thighs, and a pair of blue tom wit that natural makeup, she looked good as hell but I wasn't digging her attitude right now on hood.

"I already told you cuh, its complicated"

"Oh Yeah?" she challenged. "How complicated?"

I sucked my teeth dumb hard, heaving a sigh.

"Look cuh, I aint getting into this wit you right now" I snapped as I waved her off, turning on my heels to walk away.

"SEE!" Yolanda barked, running behind me. "Every time I questioned you how she know him you start saying you aint got time for this so what the fuck KJ!"

"Ima holla at you cuh, you trippin like a fool right now" I spoke as I shoved open the double doors leading to the stairwell.

I left her ass standing there as I made my way down the stairwell. It smelled of fresh paint and the lingering aroma of some weed.

Niggas fool as fuck to be getting high in the school stairwell.

Since I aint have no good explanation for Yolanda except I'm the reason her best friend dead and she won't understand why it had to happen, I decided to always dead the shit.