Five

Cali Serenity

Cali Serenity

The next couple of days were a blur to me. Although KJ and Kross didn't tell me they killed those guys verbatim, something in my heart tells me that they did. What the fuck?

What 16year old do you know is dealing with this type of trauma?

What makes shit worse is I cannot go to my parents about this shit whatsoever.  If I were to even mention anything about me being robbed, the interrogation from my parents would begin like I was the one who shot someone. 

I haven't spoken to anyone since that day and quite frankly I don't want to be around anyone.

I didn't go to school today and my mother didn't question it. She says I've been acting funny but not gonna pressure me to talk to her.

I overheard her telling my auntie it must be some "teenage shit" or whatever.

I would wake up in cold sweats about the past events that occurred since this past week.

The groping and being held at gunpoint to hearing gunshots, seeing KJ and Kross with blood splattered on their clothing and shoes. 

Laying in the bed watching Love and Hip Hop Atlanta was on the agenda today as my long hair sprawled out across my pillow.

The sunshine peeked through my white chiffon drapes as my scented wallflower, Island Margarita from bath and body works filled my bedroom, calming my racing thoughts.

My eyes quickly diverted from the TV as I watched my bedroom door creak open.

Bryson poked his head in the room looking like a spitting image of our father, except he was taller and had spinning waves with a fresh line up as well.

"You good?" he asked, staring at me with his brown eyes.

"Yeah. I'm good" I responded, sitting up.

"Monique here," he said, opening the door more.

I rolled my eyes at the sight of my friend who was standing there with her hair in a tight top knot bun and our school uniform on. 

I cut my eyes at Bryson who shrugged his shoulders before walking away and going downstairs.

"Hey Cali" she softly spoke, sitting down on the edge of my bed. "Why you ain't come to school today?"

"I'm shocked like you really bold bitch for coming to my house and didn't ask can you come to stop by. I thought you'd understand that I wasn't talking to you"

Cali LoveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara