One

Cali Serenity

Cali Serenity.

Sometimes I regret the fucking day I took my ass down to south central, getting on that bus and that whole ordeal went down, leaving me scared and nerves bad. But at the same time, I'm glad that it did happen, because paths cross and then you get something great.

My girl Monique and I just got out of school as we made our way down the steep heel, towards the bus stop to catch the bus. Usually, I would have driven my car to school, but my parents took it away from me since they say that I don't know how to do my chores in a timely manner.

I think they fucking trippin, but I gotta settle for taking the bus or calling my big cousin KJ or brother Bryson for rides. That wasn't on my agenda today since I decided to let Monique talk me into riding to south central with her.

"We not gonna be that long. You know my momma only let me go ta' South Central in the daytime" Monique stated as she scrolled down her Facebook feed on her iPhone.

I nodded my head as I slung my hot pink Long Champ tote bag over my shoulder, which complimented my dark green Knitted Sweater and white tennis uniform skirt. We attended The Archer School for Girls, a private school up on Sunset Blvd.

My mom and dad felt like that I was too dainty to attend a school like Dorsey and Crenshaw High, although my brother and cousin attend there and they spoiled rich kids just like I am. Shit doesn't make any sense.

The warm sun beamed down on us as we finally made our way to the bus stop, talking about how we gonna hit up Slauson Donuts and Fat Burger once we get down to the hood.

I knew my parents would trip if they found out I was going down there, but I'll just tell them that I was spending time at my friend Gerren house who doesn't live too far away from us in the hills.

"I promise I ain't gonna keep you out there too long. We gonna chill and we gonna take the bus back before it gets too late"

"I hope so"

I shook my head, pulling out my phone to take a selfie on snapchat using my favorite flower filter. Before I knew it, the bus pulled up and we boarded the bus, swiping our student bus passes.

I hated taking the bus. The thought of sitting in seats that some nasty, dirty person possibly sat in before me made my skin crawl. I so needed to get it together so I can get my car privileges back.

This shit is not for me.

Monique and I spoke about fashion, shopping this weekend and what boys from Crenshaw could get the business. Of course, I was too bad of a bitch to let any nigga hit so we just talking to talk right now. Well, at least I was.