TwentyEight

Omniscient

One month later

Kayden and Yolanda have been spending more and more time together all while Kayden has felt guiltier about being responsible for the death of Yolanda's best friend

He would go to basketball practice, focus on his game and spend more and more time with Yolanda as he geared up for the upcoming festivities of prom, graduation and being scouted for colleges such as USC, Syracuse University, UCLA, and more.

While things were looking up for Kayden academically, he wasn't sure how he would be able to leave the streets alone.  It was something about being with his homies, pulling off robberies, throwing up the set that kept Kayden wanting to stay in the streets.

It was a brotherhood to him in the most dangerous way.

This was also the longest Kayden dealt with a female and haven't had any sexual contact with her.

He was starting to think that Yolanda was using him for expensive dates, gifts and to brag that she was indeed messing around with Kayden, which could be fucking up his play with other girls in Crenshaw and surrounding neighborhoods.

It was around 5:30 PM when Kayden finally got out of basketball practice. He grabbed his Nike duffle bag as he flung it over his shoulder while walking out of the school building towards his car.

His phone began to ring, causing him to answer using his earpod without even looking at who the caller was.

"Yo" he answered as he stopped in front of his car.

"Where you at Loc?" Kross questioned him from the other side of the phone.

"I just got out of basketball practice. Why wassup cuh?"Kayden asked as he unlocked his car door and hopping inside.

"I need you to pull up right quick.  One of the homies just got hit on Brynhurst."

"Damn nigga. Who got hit?"

"Trey"

Kayden's heart skipped a beat as he felt his ears fall deaf. 

All he remembered was hopping into his car and speeding straight down to Slauson towards Kross's house.

Once Kayden reached Kross's crib, he parked his car against the curb before hopping out and jogging up Kross's porch steps and banging on the door.

Kross opened the door letting Kayden in.  on the couch was the regular homies and few loc's from the set as they sat around and smoked a blunt.

"What the fuck happen to Trey?" Kayden frantically questioned.

Kross shook his head as he leaned against the wall, looking at Kayden.

"What nigga?!" Kayden yelled. " Is he ok? Like is he alive and shit?!"

"Calm down KJ" Fats spoke as he waved his hands. " The little homie good. He got shot in the stomach but his folks say he in stable condition"