♦4| Words engraved in stone

Dropping the stone onto the ground, (Y/n) hissed and blew onto her burned hand which had a red scald forming. The pink and black haired girls flew from their seats to aid their friend.

"Oh my gosh, what happened? I'll go get some ice." Before (Y/n) could say anything Mini had ran off into the kitchen.

A few minutes passed and Mini came back to their table. In her right hand was a container and in it were ice cubes wrapped into a light blue cloth. (Y/n) turned in her chair so that she was facing Mini. Mini gently took (Y/n)'s hand and carefully placed the ice onto the scald.

(Y/n) flinched at the coldness making the raven haired girl stop and look at her with concerned eyes. (Y/n) nodded giving Mini confirmation that she could continue. Mini applied more pressure onto (Y/n)'s palm and let it stayed their for ten minutes before removing the ice and putting it back into the container on the table.

(Y/n) nodded when Mini asked if her palm was feeling better. Another question that Mini asked though had caught her off guard and she visibly tensed. She couldn't just randomly say that a stone which she had found in the hallway had somehow turned hot and burned her hand. No, that would sound silly but they would probably believe her since there wasn't any other source close to them that would cause such a burn.

"(Y/n) are you alright? You seemed to have space out and you haven't responded to Mini's question." Turning her gaze to her pink haired friend she sighed before explaining everything.

Their mouths hung open from receiving the news. Silence overtook them but that was until Mea's eyes brightened up. "Wow, you saw the boy from your nightmares at school and--" (Y/n) shoot up from her chair and clasped her hands over Mea's lips but quickly redrew them. She hissed remembering the injure in her palm.

(Y/n) looked around before whispering. "You don't need to yell. Some of our school mates are here and you know how much they love to gossip even if it's the sillies thing in the world."

Mea mumbled an apology before asking, "By the way where is the stone?" (Y/n)'s gaze went under the table where the still glowing stone laid. They followed her gaze as theirs also landed onto the stone. Steam was escaping the stone and (Y/n) could feel it through her socks and shoes.

Mea got closer and went to touch the stone. Her hand came into contact with the stone and (Y/n) was about to shout at her friend for being an idiot. However her eyes widened when Mea took up the stone, a curious look in her eyes. "Strange, steam is coming from the stone but I'm not feeling any heat."

(Y/n)'s mouth hung open as she watched her friend examining the stone. "Won't you look at this, it even has has the shape of a skull, look Mini."

Mea held the stone closer to Mini's face but she quickly jumped from her seat. "Get that thing away from here." Mea's face scrunched up in confusion. "What's wrong with it? It's just some harmless stone." Mini's eyes darkened and it felt like she would throw them out of the café anytime.

"Are you really that dumb? Don't you find it strange for steam to be coming from the stone, for it to be glowing it even has the shape of a skull. Either you get that thing out or you both leave. I don't want any destruction or curse to take over me or my family."

Mea nearly burst into laughter. " Curse! What made you think of that? Are you maybe watching too much horror movies?"

Feeling the heated gazes they exchanged (Y/n) got up and tugged Mea's arm. "I think we'll be taking our leave now. Thanks for the dessert, bye." Breaking the staring contest, Mea huffed and exited the café with her (h/c) haired friend.

Cool breeze whipped their face sending their hair floating smoothly behind them. Street lights were turned on due to the dark. Their feet pounded on the concrete as few people passed them on the sidewalk. Crickets chirped and the night stars that hid during the day filled the sky with its twinkling light.