♦15| Game Over

"How could I be the cause of her death? I was a child. How could I bring her harm?"

"That necklace, if you look closer you'll see what it is."

(Y/n) brought her (e/c) orbs back to the picture and stared intensely at the slight blurry necklace. Slowly she could make out the shape of the necklace which made her eyes widened. The necklace was a skull, an emerald skull. "It's the stone! Why does mother–" Mini clamped a hand over her mouth.

"You need to be quiet, he might be close and if he finds you it's game over." (Y/n) nodded her head and Mini slowly removed her hand. "You should have never wore that necklace–"

"Why?"

Mini slightly glared at the girl. "Don't interrupt me." She crossed her arms before continuing, "That necklace was stolen from Kei or otherwise known as the nightmare eater by your mother. All those other girls were, like I mentioned before, were haunted by him including your mother. They all died at the age of seventeen except her. She was able to get her hands on the stone and use a spell to cast him away. That was the stone that he used to help him gain power by the girls' nightmares, without it, he's weak."

"Remember the time you had the stone that night, you didn't have any nightmares, right?" (Y/n) shook her head. "Exactly, because he didn't have any possession over it. When your mother had cast him away, she made sure to keep the necklace away from you because if you came into contact with it, you could release him and you did. He killed your mother and started haunting the one that released him."

(Y/n) released a soft gasp. "But why me?"

"Because you're her daughter and he came for double revenge."

A smash was heard and it made both girls jump and turn their heads to the kitchen door that kept them hidden. (Y/n) looked at Mini with a panic face.

"It seems as if he's here. They're so many unanswered questions but we have ran out of time." Mini turned her back to (Y/n) and pulled out a necklace that was around her neck the whole time but tucked into her uniform. She held it above her head and whispered inaudible words. The necklace glowed a bright yellow, making (Y/n) cover her eyes. The glow soon died and someone started banging on the door.

(Y/n) instinctively shot out the the chair. She turned her eyes to Mini who was entering a portal that was swirling in different shades of yellow.

"Wait! Take me with you!"

Mini shook her head. "I'm sorry, (Y/n) but you have to find your own way out of this mess you created. I can do nothing but wise you luck. If I stay out any longer, he might curse my family." Mini said. She walked to (Y/n) and took her hands. "I can only hope you wake up from this nightmare, (Y/n)." She smiled gently.

"What do you mean? Am I sleeping?"

"Yes and no."

(Y/n) furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. The banging continued and Mini peeped behind (Y/n) to see cracks in the door, meaning it was going to break any second. She released her friend's hand and walked back to the portal. "Please, (Y/n), wake up." And with that, she was gone. The portal immediately swirled shut, out of sight.

(Y/n) wasted no time and bolted to the door that lead her to the back of the café. Just as she shut the door behind her she heard the sound of a door breaking apart. She began running from the café, desperately trying to find a crowded area.

She ran down the street and came across a bar. She immediately burst inside and loud disco music blared in her ears. She ignored the pain and made her way in the dancing crowd, trying to blend with them but without dancing. Bodies hit her from side to side and she tried her best to ignore the smell of alcohol and sweat filling her nostrils.