♦13| The real fear starts to rise

Two weeks had passed and the killings were getting worst everyday. From a man stab in the chest to a man chopped up like minced meat. Most deaths were unknown as doctors and policies couldn't figure out what had caused them. Students were also involved, they were found on the school grounds, stab, drowned or unknown of what had killed them. Polices suspected that the killer was either a person that worked at the school or a student. Because of that school was closed for the time being until it was safe to start again.

(Y/n) was happy, not because of the murders but because the jail gates were now closed. She was at a restaurant having a friendly conversation with her brunette friend.

"So, how's it going with.... Mea?" It took him a while before he answered. "Well, I'm kinda getting over with it. It surprises me, I thought it would take a month or two but it seems not." (Y/n) smile brightly, making a tint of pink appear on his cheeks. "All thank to you, (Y/n)."

"I'm glad I could help, you were also a great distraction, so thanks to you too."

They continued to talk until their food came. Dusk fell and they packed up their things to leave.

"Thank you again for the meal." (Y/n) said as they walked out of the restaurant. "Yeah, it was nothing." Hiroki scratched his cheek and looked away, trying to cover the blush that was painted on his face. "So I guess this is where we separate."

"Um... are you sure you don't want me to follow you home, it's dangerous in these times. I'm sure you've heard about the serial killer."

"No, I'm fine. My house isn't far, it's you and should be worried. You live out of town."

"Ahh... yeah. Bye then. Call me when you reach home." (Y/n) nodded, remembering that she now has to use the house phone. "Bye." She watched him walk a few feet away before turning around. Just as she did so, she bumped into someone.

"Sorry," she said as she looked up at them. She only saw the color of their eyes before they sprinted away without saying a word. The rest of their face was covered by their hoodie causing her to not see them properly. She shrugged, thinking that the person was simply in a hurry.

As she walked, she couldn't take her mind off the hooded person. They seemed so familiar with their glowing eyes. 'Wait... glowing eyes? The only person...' She turned around and ran back. 'What was he doing there? Something's telling me that it's nothing good.' She ran pass the restaurant and other stores. She slowed down to a stop and looked around. The street was empty and most of the stores were closed.

She wasn't supposed to be out here but she couldn't help but wonder why Kei was here. The strangest thing was that he didn't greet her. She was sure he saw her, at least he would have said a hi or something. But for the first time it seemed like he was avoiding her.

She snapped out of her thoughts and panic settled onto her face as a scream resonated through the street. Should she turn back? The scream was released again with more agony. It seem to be coming from a nearby alley. She passed a few more stores before stopping beside the alley. She could hear whimpering then suddenly she heard something splattered against the wall. She cringed. The whimpering had stopped.

Slowly she peeked into the alley. Blood was all over the walls and organs laid messily on the ground. She slapped a hand over her mouth before quickly bringing back her head behind the wall. She forced down the stuff that almost flew through her mouth. She couldn't attempt to do that nor could she scream. If she did, she'd end up like that body she saw.

At the corner of her eyes, something rolled into view. She turned her head and looked down. She did something she tried to avoid. She screamed.

There, was Hiroki's head without his body staring at her with his lifeless eyes.

"You like what you see?" She looked up and met her eyes with glowing green ones. "K-Kei?"

"Yes?"

She took some steps back, tripped over her feet and fell. Kei smirked as he watched fear swirl around in her eyes. "I'll give you thirty minutes to reach home. If you don't...." He paused for a dramatic effect. "....I'll eat your head off." He grinned showing his sharp pointed teeth.

(Y/n) immediately pushed herself off the ground and ran. And ran, and ran, and ran. Not once did she stop. Her lungs burned and her breaths were ragged. Soon her house same into sight, she tried to increase her pace. She flung the door open, frightening everyone in the room. She didn't know what overcame her as she ran to her stepmother and wrapped her arms around her, crying her eyes out.

"(Y/n)?! Daring what happened?!" Mrs Amane got out of the couch and went over to (Y/n) and her stepmother. If (Y/n) wasn't in this state she would have asked Mrs and Mr Amane what they were doing here.

"Disgusting chi– uh... I mean (Y/n) dear, what's wrong?" Chiharu caught herself before she could have went any further. (Y/n) gave no response as she continued to sob. Soon she was pulled off Chiharu and turned around to face her father. "(Y/n)." His voice was stern and deep, as always. "What's wrong? Is it something serious."

"(Y/n) the smooth voice of Mrs Amane said. "Calm down and tell us what happened." (Y/n) sniffed and tried to explain.

"The... killer... the... serial killer.... he.... he.... killed...." She burst out into tears again. Mrs Amane rubbed her thumb against (Y/n)'s palms to comfort her. "Calm down, dear calm down." (Y/n) relaxed a little at the warm touch then started to talk. "The serial killer.... he killed.... Hiroki."

The rubbing thumbs came to a halt. Mrs Amane furrowed her eyebrows. "Hiroki? Are you sure it was hi-"

"Yes!" (Y/n) shouted, causing the lady to flinch. "I saw it myself, his head was cut off his body and his organs were torn out!" Mrs Amane gasp with wide eyes. "What? You saw the killer? Are you trying to scare me out of this town?" Chiharu scoffed.

"I'm not joking! I saw it, I saw him, he saw me and now he's going to kill me!" Chiharu laughed. "If he saw you wouldn't you be dead?"

"Chiharu," came the cold voice of (Y/n)'s father. Chiharu flinched but never backed down. "What?! She's lying and is trying to scare me out of this house, out of this town, away from you. Maybe she's even seeing things, when was the last time you brought her to the doctor."

"I'm not lying..." (Y/n) mumbled as images of what happened earlier replayed in her head. She gripped her hair. "I'm not seeing things..." she started to tug on her hair as she repeated those same words until she suddenly started to trash around. "He's after me! He's gonna kill me! He's not playing around anymore! HE'S GONNA-"

Bang!

(Y/n) was knocked out cold. Everyone turned to face Mrs Amane. "She needs some rest, if she had continued on like this it would have affected her health." She said with a calm expression. She placed the iron vase onto a small table the started putting the fake flowers back in then turned to the brown haired man.

"I've known (Y/n) since she was a baby and knows that she wouldn't joke about something so serious and gruesome, you also should know about this, Ken, she's your daughter but as I expected you're not giving her much attention again." She sighs before continuing. "We wait until she wakes up and is fully relaxed so that we won't trigger off anything before asking her what exactly happened."