♦8| Shooting Star

(Y/n) slowly closed the door behind her, took off her shoes and placed them beside the door. She tip-toed through the living room and to the stairs. As she made the fourth step up a voice stopped her. "You're late."

Looking up, she saw her stepbrother at the top of the stairs, staring down at her with his arms crossed. She could tell he was not approved at her lateness and she quickly tried to make up an excuse. "I-I was.... um.... at a club meeting."

"You're not apart of a club." (Y/n) almost jumped out of her skin st his immediate response. Her mind was jumbled up as she tried to find the correct words to defend herself. "You wouldn't know that, I joined it today!" He cocked an eyebrow before slowly stepping down the stairs. (Y/n) fumbled over her words and retook her four steps back down the stairs.

"Which club?"

"Uh.... art club!" He stopped which was six steps away from her. "Art club? From what I can remember your drawings look like s**t so an art club is not a place for you. Why are you late?"

(Y/n)'s eye twitched and she wanted to stab him with a knife right then and there. "I just answered your damn question, look I even have proof!" She zipped her bag open and took out her sketch pad. "They requested us to draw someone close to us so I drew my best friend." She opened the pad onto the page where she had drawn Mea in detention. Her brother's emotionless face didn't change as he continued to take steadily steps forward and (Y/n) doing the opposite, walked back.

Like in movies, a wall prevented her from going any further and her brother now hovered her. She wished she could magically fall through the wall and appear at another place like a portal. But knowing that would never happen she tried pressing herself against the wall to create distance between them.

Unfortunately, he took a step forward, closing the gap between their bodies. Her stepbrother was tall, very tall and she felt like a little mouse in the eyes of its predator with no escape.

"Kazumi-" Her sketch pad was harshly ripped from her hand and thrown far off in the room. "What the he-" She quickly closed her mouth as her brother slammed his palm onto the wall beside her head. His eyes darkened as he lowered his head near her scared face.

"You didn't think of me?" (Y/n)'s eyebrows furrowed, trying to figure out what he was getting at. "What are you talking about?" His expression softened as he leaned closer. "Am I not close to you so why did you think of her instead of me?"

By now his face was so close to hers that she could feel his breath hitting her face. His half lidded eyes landed onto her lips as he moved even closer. (Y/n) now processing what was happening snapped out of her daze and roughly pushed him away.

"What the hell?! What are you doing?!" (Y/n) shouted. "Isn't it obvious!" Kazumi shouted back.

"What's the commotion about?"

The siblings' heads turned to the intrusive voice. There stood an older female version of Kazumi dressed in a green knee length dress with frills at the sleeve and neck and dark green lily pads decorated it. Her hair was in a messy bun and makeup was slightly applied onto her face. It was Kazumi's mother and thankfully she wasn't one of those women that liked to dress up as Barbie dolls.

"(Y/n) got detention today." (Y/n)'s head snapped at Kazumi, staring at him in disbelief. "W-Wha.... h-how....?" She gaped like a fish on land without water.

Kazumi knew the reason all along but decided to mess around with her, something he enjoyed doing.

"Detention?" Kazumi's mother looked at (Y/n) and a wicked smirk crept up. "Just wait until your father hears about this." The woman turned back the way she was coming from. "W-Wait, Dad's here?" (Y/n) ran up to the woman and pulled onto her arm, trying to get her to stop.