♦12| Playtime is over

The pale pink haired woman brought the cup to her lips as she sipped some of the hot coffee. She slowly placed the cup back onto the coffee table and brought her hand up to brush off some of the tears that leaked from her eyes. "Thank you, (Y/n). I don't know what I would have done without your company." The said girl shook her head. "No, there's no need to thank me. You're like a second mother to me so I did what I am suppose to do." The woman chuckled a little. "Don't you mean third mother? Are you forgetting that you have a stepmother?"

"That witch will never be my mother." (Y/n) mumbled. "Hmm, did you say something?" Mea's mother asked as she took up her cup bringing it to her lips once more. "No."

The door bell rang, catching both women's attention. "I'll get it." (Y/n) heaved herself from the couch and walked to the front door. She opened it and was greeted by a certain brunette. "Hiroki?"

"Hello, (Y/n)."

(Y/n) took in his appearance. His hair was trashed around everywhere, his dull blue eyes had dark bags under them, his skin was pale, his clothes were wrinkled and the smile on his face was strained. (Y/n) could tell that he was very hurt and shocked when he received the news about Mea.

"Uh... came in." She stepped sideways to give him way. When he entered (Y/n) closed the door and followed him into the living room. No one was in there. (Y/n) thought that Mea's mother had probably went into her room. She needed to rest to relieve some of the stress that fell onto her shoulders so (Y/n) decided to leave her alone. She sat on the couch that she was seated on earlier. Hiroki sat beside her and the room was silent after that. He was staring at his hands, blankly. (Y/n) decided to break the silence by standing up and asking him if he wanted coffee. 

She got no response but started making her way to the kitchen. She did not leave the room as a hand gripped her wrist and pulled her down. She yelped in surprise. Hiroki's arms wrapped around her and his face was pressed into her neck. She squeaked when he pulled her closer, her back meeting his chest.

"H-Hiroki?" She tried wiggling out of his grasp but he only held her tighter. "Hiroki, what are you doing?!" He did not respond as he brushed his lips over neck, sending shivers through the girl's spine. She flinched when a wet slimy muscle dragged over her skin. "Hiro–" She yelped as he sank his teeth into her neck. "Hiroki, stop!" He did not as he continued to sink his teeth deeper. A few seconds later he stopped then started to lick the spot.

"Mea...."

(Y/n)'s eyebrows furrowed at this. "Hiroki I'm not–"

"Mea.... Mea.... Mea...." He chanted her name as if it was a spell. 

"Ow!" His teeth sank into her skin again, this time at a different spot with more force applied. His arms loosen a bit, (Y/n) took the chance to slip her hand out and pull onto Hiroki's hair harshly. He released her skin as his head jerked back.

(Y/n) quickly jumped out of his lap and turned to face him. He was staring at his lap, still in a daze before he blinked once then twice. He lifted his gaze and met her eyes. He stared into them for a while before bringing his gaze to her neck. (Y/n) blushed and quickly to her neck with her hand.

"I'm sorry." Hiroki said and looked down. "I wasn't in my right mind. I shouldn't have done that."

"You like Mea." It wasn't a question. She waited for him to nod or say something to confirm that she was right. "No, I love her, I still do, I don't care if she is dead or not."

A pain whipped at her heart. Just hearing that her best friend was dead reminded her that there will be no more Mea in her life, no more memories to share, no more smiles, no more laughter, no more comfort to seek when she wanted to let out all her misery. Mea's book was now closed. The rest of the pages remained blank and it will forever be.

She started to sniff as tears flooded her eyes. Hiroki looked up and his eyes widened. He stood up and pulled her into a hug. She gripped his shirt and started to bawl, her voice muffled as she pushed her face into his chest.

"Shhh shhh, it's alright (Y/n)."

He brushed her hair as he assured her that everything will be okay. But she knew that it was the complete opposite and suddenly an image of the hollowed eyed boy came to her. Nothing will be alright with him haunting her.

/♦♦♦♦♦♦\

Just as she neared the school gate she felt like walking her way back home. There stood the least person she wanted to see. She planned to pass him without saying anything but as usual, it didn't work.

"You're ignoring me again, (Y/n)." She did not say anything as she kept her head straight. "Are you alright with... you know... Mea's death?" The way he said it made it sound like he was mocking her just like the voice in the hospital.

She stopped. "Hmm? Why did you stop walking?" (Y/n) turned her head to look at him. "Were you in the room?" Kei raised an eyebrow. "What room?"

"Mea's hospital room. I thought I heard a voice telling me that they were right about Mea then after saying that they laughed. Was it you? You're the only suspicious one here." He stared at her. His eyes glowed for a second before he put his hurt façade on. "Are you accusing me of killing her?" What came next surprised him and even herself.

"Yes. Yes I am. The doctors said that there was no disease found in her body and all her organs are healthy. There wasn't any wound found on her body which means that someone probably went into her room and suffocated her. And the only person I could imagine doing that is you. I'm not stupid and I now know that my mind ain't playing tricks with me when your eyes glow."

Kei looked at her in shock. "What are you talking about? Is Mea's death really affecting you that much?" (Y/n) glared at him. "The only person affecting me is you and I need you to stay away from me." She walked away, not caring of he had anything else to say to her.

Kei stood unmoving with his hands clenched. She was finding out and it was going too quickly. The corner of his mouth quirked up. (Y/n) was a smart girl but he didn't expect her to find out so fast. His smirk slowly turned into a wicked grin. He was done playing around. It was time for him to get into business.

_________

Please remember to press that star button. :)⬇️⬇️⭐️