♦9| Starting of the Nightmare

The next day (Y/n) did her daily routines and went off to school. Somehow, she was able to leave the house without her stepbrother disturbing her and she was very happy for that. Probably it was because of last night though she did not see a reason why he didn't disturb her since he was just as cruel as his mother.

Her smile dropped as she remembered the event that happened less than twenty-four hours ago. Mea was probably calling her to rant out her anger on the girl.

A familiar black car passed her and she recognized it as Mea's drive. 'She must have reached at school.'

(Y/n) reached her destination and was about to enter the classroom when a voice called out to her. She turned and immediately stiffened up. The raven haired boy was walking to her with a big grin on his face. She could have easily dart into the classroom but he would see her again and she wouldn't have a proper reason to give him for why she had ignored him.

When he reached her she was suddenly pulled into a hug. This made her stiffened more as she remembered the nightmare she had last night. He would hug her tighter then sink his teeth into her neck is what she predicted but that change when he chuckled and pulled away.

"Relax, why are you always so stiff? Do you not hug your friends?"

"Yes. Yes I do because they are my friends and you are not considered as one."

Kei's smirk fell and he held a and over his chest with a hurtful expression. "Ouch, that hurts. I'm not your friend even after we talked yesterday?" (Y/n) rolled her eyes and turned to open the door. Suddenly a hand gripped her wrist.

"(Y/n)."

His voice was deep but smooth and (Y/n)'s heart skipped a beat. She turned to him and met his eyes. They stayed like that until Kei shifted his gaze to the ground and spoke, "Um... nevermind."

He released her, turned around and walked away. (Y/n) stared at him in confusion before entering the classroom.

/♦♦♦♦♦♦\

The bell rang, signalling that it was time for lunch. Every student, including (Y/n), scampered out of the classroomm before the teacher could start giving out homeworks. A few of them released sighs of relief for the teacher had forgotten to give them the homework earlier. (Y/n) too was quite relief as she headed to the cafeteria.

She collected her lunch and looked around the cafeteria for any signs of Mea. Her eyes landed onto the salmon haired girl who had one hand on her lap and the other that held the fork, playing with the food on her plate. She was alone at the table. (Y/n) shook her head and started making her way to her friend.

Just like (Y/n), Mea was popular because of her father's company but refused to converse with others as she enjoyed being alone more but not when it comes on to (Y/n).

(Y/n) placed her tray onto the table and sat down. Mea heard the tray that came into contact with the table but kept playing with her food. (Y/n) sighed. "Mea."

"What?" Her voice came out monotonous. (Y/n) sighed again, zipping her bag open and taking out the sketch pad then zipped it back, closed. "I have a surprise." Mea's head perked up the mentioned of a surprise. "What is it?" she asked with a little enthusiasm. (Y/n) skipped the book sheets and stopped at a certain page. "Look!" She turned the book to Mea and her vermilion eyes widened.

"What the hell is that thing?!"

"Why, it's you."

Mea snatched the pad from (Y/n) and held it beside her head. "Do I look like a giraffe to you!? My neck isn't that long!" She said as she pointed at the drawing's neck then hers. She continued to discriminate the drawing until her eyes landed onto the drawing's teeth.

"My..... my teeth."

(Y/n) snorted and held a hand over her mouth to contain her laugh.

"W-Well..." She cleared her throat. "Before you went to the dentist to fix your not-so-proper teeth they used to look like that, don't you remember?" (Y/n) said then grinned, showing her natural pearly white teeth.

"You.... you..."

Mea's face was flushed with anger and she practically flew over the table and started hitting her friend in the head with book. (Y/n) covered her head with her hands to shield herself. "Okay okay, sorry sorry, I'm sorry, Mea!" Her friend refused give her mercy and continued. "Mea, stop!" Mea paused before hitting (Y/n) a few times then stopped.

She took out (Y/n)'s pencil case and started drawing in the sketch pad. (Y/n) tried to peek but Mea covered it with her hand and shoot a glare towards (Y/n). (Y/n) waited patiently while eating her lunch before book was turned to her. She looked at the drawing then laughed out loud. Soon Mea joined her. In the drawing was a person she presumed was her since it had (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes but nothing else in the drawing matched her.

(Y/n) calmed down then spoke, "So, am I forgiven?" Mea also stopped laughing and responded with a grin, showing some of her teeth that were fixed. "Nope!"

Soon they finished with their lunches and used the remaining time to walk around the school and talk.

"So she said, 'I was only–'"

"Mea."

"Yes?" Mea asked, irritatedly. She was talking about a so called real life story that happened at her old school about a girl from her class that kidnapped a senior because she liked him and wanted him all for herself but (Y/n) didn't believe a word coming from her friend's mouth and nodded every ten seconds as if she was listening.

"Is it me or is it that everyone is looking at their phones with either a frightened or surprised expression?" Mea shrugged and started to continue with her story when (Y/n)'s phone buzzed. Mea groaned.

"What is it now?" (Y/n) retreated her phone from her pocket and unlocked it. A notification popped up about the school and she pressed on it. (Y/n)'s eyes widened. Mea noticed this and furrowed her eyebrows. "What is it?"

"The principal died in a car accident last night." Mea's mouth hung open in surprise. Soon her phone buzzed and she opened it. The same article with the principal came on the notification. The article had a picture of his car which was severely damaged. As they walked and continued to read the article (Y/n) noticed something strange in the picture.

"Mea, do you see this?" Mea looked into (Y/n)'s phone where her finger was pointed to.

"Uh... yea? It's a letter W?"

"Isn't it strange for it to be on the door and on top of that, it's painted red. Do you think it's blood? Do you think wasn't really an accident but someone who purposely caused it?" Mea stared at the phone for a while before shrugging.

"Meh, that's not our problem to solve, (Y/n). Let's just leave that to the police, okay?"

The bell rang and they separated to head to their next class.

Oh, (Y/n), if only you knew your nightmare begins now.