ONE

chapter one;
headphones

"OH MY GOD, I'M GONNA BE LATE" Lucy yelled. She shuffled through her drawers, trying to find her Geometry homework. She turned to her messy bed. She pulled her blankets off and threw her pillows on the ground.

The girl groaned. She has ten minutes before she leaves for school, and she hasn't eaten any breakfast. That's the fourth breakfast she had missed in the past two weeks.

It had been two weeks since Lucy started school on Midtown High. Tony thinks it's good for her to start school again, and meet new people since the last time she did that was three years ago. She didn't need to go to school, since she's a genius, but Tony thinks it's good for her to socialize after three years. Lucy just think it's bullshit that she has to go to school. At least she has Kennedy with her to show her around and make her feel less awkward for being the girl who practically came back from the dead in the public eye.

"FRIDAY have you seen my homework?" she asked as she looked under her bed.

"I'm afraid not" the AI answered. Lucy sighed.

"What is going on in here?" Pepper's voice asked. Lucy turned to see her on the doorway, with a confused look on her face. Lucy smiled.

"I can't find my Geometry homework" Lucy said, sheepishly. Pepper rolled her eyes and walked into her bedroom.

"Well, it's probably on your- it's literally right here!" Pepper said, taking her Geometry homework from her desk. Lucy's eyes widened.

"I swear it wasn't there before" she said. Pepper rolled her eyes and handed her the paper.

"Downstairs, now. You're going to be late" she said sternly, before getting out of her room. Lucy put her homework inside her backpack before she teleported downstairs.

Pepper and Tony were on a break after what happened at Sokovia. Pepper felt like Tony was getting to obsessed by his job of being Iron Man. But, now and then when Tony's away, Pepper stays at the house to keep Lucy company. Those times she cherish the most. Because, realistically Tony couldn't make blueberry pancakes as good as Pepper.

Lucy teleported just behind Pepper. "Pepper, I-" she was cut off by Pepper's scream of surprise, which caused her to scream, too.

"I told you to stop doing that!" Pepper yelled.

"Doing what?!"

"Scaring me like that!" she yelled. Pepper sighed. "Oh God I'm gonna have a heart attack" she muttered. A laugh escaped Lucy's lips.

"Sorry" she laughed. Pepper glared at the girl. Lucy could see Happy waiting outside of the door with the car all ready.

"Remember, Happy will be at school at all times and-"

"Check the person driving before getting in the car. I know, Pep. I've been doing this for two weeks" Lucy smiled. Pepper smiled and handed her a granola bar and a bottle of strawberry smoothie before pulling her into a hug.

"Be careful, okay? Drink the smoothie if you're not going to have breakfast" she said. Lucy nodded and pulled away from the hug. Pepper lead her to the door. "Have fun at school. Love you!" she said.

Lucy smiled and turned to her before getting in the car. "Okay. Love you, too" she replied. Lucy set her backpack beside her before pulling out her phone from her pockets to see three messages from Kennedy.

kenne(die)

lucyyy
lucielle antoinette stark!!!
where are u omg

omw
gon b late hehe ily

"You ready?" Happy asked as he got in the driver's seat. Lucy set down her phone and groaned.

"No" she said as Happy hit the gas pedal and drove the car to school.

Three o'clock rolled around faster that she thought. Lucy got out of English with Kennedy, since it's the only class of the day that they had together. "Luce, it's been two weeks" Kennedy said as she pulled out her phone. Lucy raised her eyebrows. "And you still haven't taken any interest with any of the boys here?" she asked. Lucy rolled her eyes.

"The only person I've talked to in this last two weeks is you" she said.

"That's what I'm saying! You have to come with me to this party Flash is having tonight" Kennedy said. "And I heard he has a lil thing for you" she smirked, nudging Lucy. Lucy shook her head in disgust.

"One, my dad won't let me. Two, Pepper won't let me. Three, Flash only has a thing for me because I'm 'Lucy Stark'" she said. Kennedy rolled her eyes.

"Oh come on, how do you even know that? You haven't spoke a word to the guy" she said.

"Didn't need to speak to him to know that he's an asshole" Lucy said as a smile formed on her lips. Kennedy shrugged.

"That's true, I guess" she nodded.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" Lucy said. Kennedy nodded. Lucy gave her a small wave before making her way to the backdoor of the school. Tony requested for her to be picked up from the backdoor, to avoid the uncomfortable stares that Lucy usually gets before. This way less people sees her out, therefore less chance of her being kidnap like before.

Well, this time Lucy is able to defend herself easily with her powers and she has had a lot of training from Natasha. Which means, anyone who tries to kidnap her will just end up either in jail, or the hospital bed.

Lucy was leaning on the wall beside the door as she waited for Happy to pick her up when the sound of the door opening caught her attention. A boy walked out, with headphones in his ears, his head moving in sync with the rhythm of the music. She wasn't really interested in him, but her eyes widened as she watched him jumped over the fence. "Hey! Hey, headphones!" she called him out.

Surprisingly, he heard her through the music blasting in his ears. He turned to her and his eyes widened as he noticed who she was. "Uh- um... Stark- uh.. Lucy Stark, hey!" he stuttered. Lucy ignored his nervousness.

"How did you just do that?" she asked. His eyes widened, as he realized what the girl was referring to.

"Wh- do what?" he asked. Lucy rolled her eyes.

"You just jumped over a ten feet tall fence like it's nothing" she stated. She raised her eyebrows suspiciously. "How did you do that?" she asked.

"Uh... um... I have.... strong legs! Yeah, I have strong legs and strong lower body strength" he said. Yeah right, Lucy thought. Lucy raised her eyebrows and nodded. "Yeah, I work out.... sometimes" he said.

Lucy knew a superpower when she sees one, she's not dumb. "Oh... right, of course" she nodded. She could see the car coming her way. "Sorry, I just thought you had superpowers and stuff" she lied, covering it with a small laugh. The boy's eyes widened.

"Oh.. haha no of course not!" he laughed nervously. "I'm just normal. Not that having superpowers isn't normal! Superpowers are awesome! Like yours! I just-"

"I get it, headphones" she smirked as Happy pulled up. "You do have a name right? So I don't have to call you headphones all the time-"

"Peter. Peter Parker" he said. Lucy nodded and smiled as she opened the car door.

"Peter Parker" Lucy nodded and threw her bag in the car. "See you around, Parker"