THIRTEEN

chapter thirteen;
empire strikes back

LUCY WATCHED AS TONY FLEW DOWN IN FRONT OF STEVE. She watched as Rhodey, Nat and T'Challa came in. It was her time. She teleported just beside Tony. Steve's eyes softened as he saw her. He nodded. "New suit?" he smiled. Lucy nodded.

"Alright, I've run out of patience" Tony said. "Underoos!" he yelled. Peter sling his way above them and took Cap's shield as he webbed his hand together. Lucy smiled as he landed behind her. "Nice job, kid" Tony said. Lucy turned to him and gave him a thumbs up.

"Thanks" Peter replied. "Well, I could have stuck the landing a little better, it's just the new suit. It's nothing, Mr. Stark. It's perfect, thank you" he rambled. She could see Tony rolling his eyes beside her.

"Headphones, shut up" she said. Peter nodded.

"Oh. Yeah, yeah right" he said.

"You've been busy" Steve said.

"And you've been a complete idiot. Dragging in Clint, 'rescuing' Wanda from a place she doesn't even wanna leave, a safe place. I'm trying to keep..." Tony sighed. "I'm trying to keep you from tearing the Avengers apart" he said. Lucy nodded.

"You did that when you sign" Steve said. Lucy scoffed.

"No" she said. All eyes turned to her. "You did that when you didn't sign. You did that when you walked away with Barnes and Sam. You know, if you had just handed him over, we wouldn't be here right now" she said.

"Lucy, he's innocent. He's brainwashed" Steve explained. Lucy let out a breath and try to contain her rage.

"Brainwashed or not, the government still thinks that he murdered all of those people! He is still a criminal in their eyes and if you don't hand him in that makes you a criminal!" she yelled. Her eyes are fixed at Steve in a glare.

"Crazy how a fourteen year old can be smarter than a hundred year old Capsicle" Tony commented. Lucy rolled her eyes at his comment. That's unnecessary, she thought. "She's right. You turn Barnes in now. Because it's us, or a squad of J-SOC guys with no compunction about being impolite" he demanded. "Come on" he whispered.

Lucy looked at Steve with hope in her eyes. Hope that he'd get his senses right and come along. But, she felt her hope crumbling as he raised his hand and Clint's arrow shot through it, tearing Peter's webbing apart. "Guys, something's-" Peter was cut off as he was thrown over when a man suddenly came out from Steve's shield and knocked him over.

"What the hell" Lucy whispered.

"Oh, great. Alright, there's two on the parking deck, one of them's Maximoff, I'm gonna grab her" he said as he started to fly. "Rhodey, you wanna take Cap?" he asked.

"I'll do it" Lucy said as she faced Steve, white orbs coming out of her palm.

"Don't let your emotion take over, Luce" Tony said.

"Got two in the terminal. Wilson and Barnes" Rhodey said.

"Barnes is mine" T'Challa said. Steve threw his shield at T'Challa, but Lucy stopped it as she create a barrier in front of the shield.

"Your highness, go!" she said. T'Challa ran to get Barnes, leaving Lucy and Steve. She kept her focus on Steve shield that's now floating mid air due to her power. She threw it away, leaving Steve without his shield. She's now face to face with Steve.

"Lucy, I'm not going to hurt you" he said. Lucy shrugged.

"Suit yourself" she said. She sent a force towards him, knocking him over. She walked towards Steve who's on the ground. "What the hell you think you're doing?" she asked. Her palm was glowing, and if she punched Steve with it, that can cause an awful mild concussion. "You're tearing this family apart!" she yelled. Steve's eyes softened when she said 'family'.

"He's not the guy you should be after" Steve said. "You're after the wrong guy" he added. Lucy was holding in her urge to scream at him. 

"This won't kill you, but I'm not gonna say it doesn't hurt" she said.

"Wha-" Lucy cut him off by punching him on the face. Rhodey reached her side and nodded. Through the comm, Lucy could hear Tony talking to Wanda.

"I'm gonna get to dad" she said to Rhodey before disappearing from his view. She teleported just in front of Wanda and Clint, Tony hovering above her. Lucy turned to Wanda and shook her head. "Remember the last time I told you you're on the wrong side?" she said. Just before Wanda could answer, cars behind them started to fall down.

Lucy created a barrier around her and Tony. Tony landed beside her. "I got you, dad" she smiled. A chuckle escaped Tony's lips. Lucy let down her shield as the cars wasn't piling up on them anymore. She noticed Wanda and Clint we're gone. "We should probably go back" she said. Tony nodded in agreement.

Lucy created a bubble around herself and flew up, following Tony behind. She landed beside Natasha. She noticed the flames around them. "Is this part of the plan?" Nat asked.

"Well, my plan was to go easy on them. You wanna switch it up?" Tony asked. Lucy watched as Vision created a line to stop Steve and his team.

"We should probably go there" Lucy said, pointing at Vision. Tony and Nat nodded. Tony flew away and Lucy created a bubble around her and Nat, as she followed Tony to where Vision was. She landed just in front of the line.

"But for the collective good, you must surrender now" Vision said. Lucy watched as Steve started to walk towards them. She sighed as she copied their actions. Their walks turned into runs and they weren't stopping any time soon.

The next thing was a blur. Lucy was fighting everyone that was in her way. She couldn't keep track whether it was Wanda, Clint or Sam. She stopped every arrow that Clint was shooting towards Peter who was slinging above her. Everything seemed to move in fast motion. Until Scott Lang decided to turn into a giant. That caught her attention.

"Holy shit" she muttered.

"Okay, tiny dude is big now. He's big now" Rhodey said.

"Give me back my Rhodey" Tony said before Sam kicked him down. Lucy's eyes widened as Scott threw Rhodey off. She quickly created a bubble around Rhodey, making sure he landed down safely.

"Thanks, Luce" he said. Lucy nodded and watched him flew back up. Lucy teleported onto the top of a plane, seeing all of it went down. The only thing she's worrying right now is how to stop Scott. An idea flashed in her mind.

"Have any of you guys seen that old movie Empire Strike Back?" she asked.

"Jesus, Lucy. We have no time for some guessing game" Tony said.

"Yes!" Peter answered.

"Okay, do you know that part when they're in the snow planet with the walking thingies?" she asked. She could hear Peter's gasp through the comm.

"You're a genius"