TEN

chapter ten;
the crazy car parked outside

"HEY, HOW'S SCHOOL TODAY?" MAY ASKED. Peter shrugged and walked across the room, still not acknowledging the two Starks.

"It was fine, there's this crazy car parked outside-" he stopped as he noticed the two figures in his living room. His eyes widen, and Lucy's smirk grew. 

"Oh, Mr. Parker" Tony said.

"Uh.. um- hey! You- uh.. you- what are you doing here?" he asked. He turned to Lucy and furrowed his eyebrows. "Y- you're here too" he said. Lucy smirked, letting Tony do the whole explanation and lie. "I'm Peter" he smiled.

"Tony" Tony stated. "This is my daughter, Lucy" he said pointing at Lucy behind him. She smiled and gave Peter a small wave.

"Yeah.. um- yeah we've um-"

"We've met" Lucy said, nodding. Tony turned to her, a fake shocked expression on his face. Lucy rolled her eyes at him.

"You have?!" Tony asked.

"Yeah! We go to the same school and we have Algebra together" Peter said. Lucy smiled at him and nodded. She didn't even know she has Algebra with him. "Anyways.. um- what are you doing here?" he asked.

"It's about time we met" Tony said. "You've been getting my emails right?" he asked. Peter furrowed his eyebrows and turned to Lucy who gave him a look that said, just go along with it. His eyes widened and nodded. Lucy smiled as he turned back to Tony.

"Right.. yeah. Regarding the..."

"You didn't even tell me about the grant!" May said. Peter nodded.

"About the grant!" he said.

"The September foundation" Lucy chimed in. Peter furrowed his eyebrows and nodded. "Remembered when you applied?" she asked.

"Yeah...?" Peter said.

"I approve! So, now we're in business!" Tony said. Lucy smiled and nodded.

"You didn't tell me anything! What's up with that? You keeping secrets from me now?" May asked. Lucy was pretty sure that Peter kept a lot of secret from May, including the fact that he's Spider Man. She knew what kind of aunt May was. Kind of like Pepper. They freak out over the littlest thing, but that's what makes them special.

"Well.. I just know how much you love surprises! So, I thought I'd let you know... Anyway, what do I apply to?" Peter asked. Lucy opened her mouth to speak, but was cut off by Tony.

"That's what I'm here to hash out" he said.

"Okay... um- hash it out" Peter replied. Lucy fought her urges to laugh at his nervousness.

"It's so hard for me to believe that she's someone's aunt" Tony said, referring to May. Both Lucy and Peter furrowed their eyebrows at him. May chuckled.

"We all came in all shapes and sizes, you know?" May said.

"These walnut loaf are exceptional" he said. Lucy rolled her eyes.

"I'm gonna stop you there" Peter said. Tony turned to him and nodded. "Does this grant involves money or whatever?" he asked. Tony nodded.

"Yeah. It's pretty well funded. Look at who you're talking to" he said.

"Yeah? Wow" Peter said in awe. Peter turned to Lucy who gave him a smile.

"Can I have five minutes with him?" Tony asked May who nodded. Peter lead them to his room. Tony followed him behind with Lucy beside him. "This walnut loaf..." Tony whispered to Lucy.

She rolled her eyes. "Sounds like a personal problem" she whispered. Peter opened the door for them to come in and Lucy flashed him a smile as she walked by. She noticed the old computers and electronics on his desk. A small smile formed on her face. "You collect these?" she asked. He nodded.

"Uh.. y- yeah" he stuttered. Lucy smiled and nodded.

"That's sick" she said. Tony closed the door behind him and locked it before walking over to the trash bin and spitting out the walnut date loaves that he ate.

"As walnut date loaves go, that wasn't bad" he said. Lucy shook her head and sit on Peter's bed. "Whoa, what have we here? Retro tech, huh?" he asked. "Thrift store? Salvation army?" he asked.

"Uh.. the garbage actually" he said.

"You're a dumpster diver?" he asked. Lucy turned to Tony and slapped his arms. "What? I was just asking!" he said. Lucy rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, I was just- um... Anyway, look. I definitely did not apply for your grant-"

"Ah-ah! Me first" Tony said, cutting Peter off. He nodded. "I have a question. Sweetheart, pull out the videos" he said, turning to Lucy. Peter furrowed his eyebrows. Lucy pulled out her phone and played the holographic preview of the video. Peter's eyes widened. The video showed Spider Man swinging on his web, stopping guys from stealing a car. "That's you, right?" Tony asked.

"Wh- what? No!" he stammered. "What do you mean? No!" he said. Lucy raised her eyebrows.

"Spider Man once told me that he got into a detention for skipping school" Lucy said. She pulled out Peter's detention slip. "And turns out you have one too" she smiled. Peter's eyes widened. Lucy smirked as she noticed the shocked and confused look on his face.

"Um... what a weird coincidence.."