TWO

chapter two;
i hate that guy

LUCY HAD HER LAPTOP ON HER LAP. Ever since her encounter with Peter Parker that day, curiosity grew on her about the boy. He clearly had superpowers, but how did he get it? He wasn't experimented by Hydra, that's for sure. So is there any other human experimentation going on, or does he really only had strong legs, which Lucy highly doubt of.

Her fingers slide on her mouse pad as she typed in Peter Parker onto the search bar. Totally not creepy, at all. All that came out was his social medias, and nothing else. A sigh escaped the girl's lips. "Who are you, Parker?" she muttered as her fingers clicked on his Instagram.

He has a pretty normal teenage boy Instagram , which was a disappointment on Lucy's part. Despite the high amount of posts relating to spiders, nothing seemed suspicious in Lucy's eyes. FRIDAY's voice startled her as she was about to click on Peter's twitter. "Ms. Stark, your father has arrived"

Lucy glanced at the clock on her bedside table to see it showing the number 8:15 pm. The girl raised her eyebrows. "That's early" she muttered as she got out of her bed and teleported downstairs. "You're home" she stated, which startled Tony.

"Jesus, Lucy! Stop sneaking up on people like that!" he sighed. A small smile appeared on the girl's lips. "New rules, no teleportation inside the home" he said as he took off his jacket.

"What?! No, that's not fair!" she complained.

"Do you see me flying around with my suit inside the house?" he asked. Lucy stopped to come up with any sarcastic remark possible, but she couldn't seem to come up with anything. "Exactly" Tony said. The girl rolled her eyes. Tony walked to the kitchen and grabbed a piece of apple. "How's school?" he asked.

Lucy shrugged. "It's fine" she replied. "Oh! There's this boy at school who-"

"No" Tony replied. Lucy rose her eyebrows.

"What?" she asked.

"What have I told you about boys?" he asked. Lucy rolled her eyes.

"Dad, this isn't it. I saw him jumped over a ten foot fence like it's nothing" she said. "He must've had some kind of enhancement or something" she said. Tony furrowed his eyebrows.

"Hmm, what's his name?"

"Peter Parker" Lucy answered. Tony shook his head.

"Never heard of him" he shrugged. Lucy sighed. That's another dead end on Peter Parker. "Look into him. I can't have some enhanced kid running around the block" Tony said. Lucy sighed.

"What do you think I've been doing for the last hour?" Lucy said, shaking her head. "Everything's a dead end"

"If it makes you feel any better, I have good news!" Tony said. Lucy's face lit up at her father's statement. "And bad news, too" he added.

Lucy furrowed her eyebrows. "What news?" she asked.

"Well, the good news is you're not going to school tomorrow" he said. A grin formed on the girl's lips before she engulfed Tony into a hug.

"OH MY GOD, DAD I LOVE YOU SO MUCH" she yelled. "You're like actually the best person in the whole entire world, I love you so much" she said. A chuckle escaped from Tony's lips as they pulled away from the hug.

"You're going to change your mind once you hear the bad news" he said. Lucy's smile drop. "The reason you're going to skip school, is because the secretary state is coming over" he said. Lucy groaned and walked over to the couch and let herself fall onto the cushion. "I know how much you hate the guy-"

"I hate the guy so much" she said.

"I hate him too, but it's a group meeting. We have to come" Tony said as he sat on the couch next to her. Lucy sat back up and turned to him, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Is this because of Wanda's whole incident last month?" she asked. Tony nodded and sighed. Lucy rested her head on Tony's shoulder. "She's going to be fine, right dad?" she asked. "Like she's not going to jail, or anything?" she asked.

Tony shook his head and wrapped his arms around Lucy's shoulder, pulling her closer to him. He planted a kiss on her head as he stroke her hair. "I don't know, sweetheart" he sighed. "I don't know"

--

Lucy walked into the new facility, leaving Tony to walk with the secretary state. She walked up the stairs leading to Wanda's room to see the doors being open. She peeked inside to see Steve and Wanda. Lucy knocked on the wall, which caught both of their attention. "Hi" she smiled as she walk inside. Wanda embraced her into a hug. "Is everything okay?" she asked.

Lucy looked up to Steve who gave her  a nod. "Is the secretary state here?" he asked. Lucy nodded and pulled away from the hug.

"He's downstairs, talking with dad" she said, as Steve walked out of the room, leaving the two girls. Lucy turned to Wanda. "What's going on?" she asked. Wanda shook her head and sighed as she sat on her bed. Lucy followed her action. "You know, it's not your fault" she said.

Wanda scoffed. "Then who's fault is it?" she asked.

"Rumlow's" Lucy stated. "Who else is to blame, other than that asshole?" she asked. Wanda shook her head. Lucy opened her mouth to speak, but was cut off by the sound of knocking from the door.

Lucy looked up to see Natasha standing on the doorway. "Girls, downstairs" she said. Lucy nodded and stood up. Wanda followed behind her as she walked out of the door. Lucy turned to her and she could notice the anxiety building up in Wanda's chest.

"Hey, Wanda" she said. Wanda looked up as Lucy gave her a comforting smile. "Everything's gonna be okay" she said. Wanda sighed and nodded.

"Let's just hope for it"