FIVE

chapter five;
spider man

LUCY HAS SPENT MOST OF HER TIME IN HER ROOM. Doing absolutely nothing, but watching movies. Tony wasn't letting her go to school until the whole Sokovia Accords is resolved. It has been two days after the Accords. Ever since then, everyone seemed more.. tense. Sam would avoid Rhodey each time, and Wanda won't even talk to Lucy unless it's something urgent. Natasha's flying out for the meeting that night, and she made sure she stopped by at London to comfort Steve. Lucy would've gone if it weren't for Tony not letting her go.

Her research on Peter Parker was a fail, and she has given up, at this point.

After finishing one whole season on a series, Lucy realised that all she really need is to go outside because staying inside made her feel very unhealthy. She grabbed her coat and her phone before heading downstairs.

She could see Tony talking with Natasha. "Hey, dad. I'm going out" she said. Tony and Natasha turned to her. Natasha raised her eyebrows.

"With a boy?" Natasha smirked. Lucy shook her head.

"No!" she said.

"Well, you better not because I'm not afraid to kick a teenage boy's ass" Tony commented. Lucy rolled her eyes. "Don't be home too late"

"Love you, bye" she said, before teleporting to the busy roads of Queens, New York. Lucy walked around the city, really with no directions. She had her hands in her pockets and her head down. She was trying to blend in and not catch any attention on her, since a lot of people were still very much angry at the Avengers ever since the whole Lagos incident and the Sokovia accords.

Going outside feels nice. It helps her think, and reduce the tension that she feels inside of the Avengers Facility. Lucy knew that Steve won't sign that accords, neither will Sam or Wanda. The only thing she's afraid of is that those disagreement will lead to the Avengers being teared apart. The Avengers are her family. And she doesn't want to lose them just by a simple signature on a paper.

Lucy stopped at a cafe. She set her cup of coffee down on an outdoor table. After staying inside for a whole three days, the outdoors felt nicer than inside. Lucy looked around at the city as she stirred her coffee. Her eyes landed at a blue and red figure on the top of the building just in front of her.

She recognize him from the Youtube video that Tony showed as what the public will call as the Spider Man. Curiosity build up inside her. Who is he? For some reason, all she wanted to do was to find out who's the person behind the mask. She knew exactly how to do that. She'd have to catch his attention.

As wondrous as a city New York is, there are still a lot of desperate people in town. Lucy pulled out her phone, and set it on the table, just enough of a distance for someone to snatch it and run away. She didn't care. Tony had at least twenty of those lying around.

Lucy grabbed a magazine from the counter and as she pretended to read it, as expected, a man with all black clothing ran away with her phone. "HEY! THAT MAN STOLE MY PHONE" she yelled as she rushed over, trying to sound as panicked as possible.

She started to run towards the man, when Spider Man swung on top of her and landed just in front of the man. "I think the phone belongs to the lady" he said as he shot white webs out of his hand, locking the man's hand behind his back. Hmm, not bad, Lucy thought. Though his outfit still needed a little more improvement. The sweatpants were just not doing it for her.

Lucy stood in behind the thief as Spider Man knocked him down. She watched as he took the phone from the thief, his eyes widening at the Stark phone. "I believe this is yours-" he stopped as his eyes landed on Lucy. "Uh.. um- yeah here you go" he stuttered as he handed her the phone. Lucy furrowed her eyebrows at his voice. It sounded oddly familiar.

"Thank you" she smiled, pocketing the phone inside her coat. "Really, though, thank you. My dad would've killed me if I lost another one of these" she chuckled.

"You're welcome, I- uh.. um.. really it's no big deal" he laughed nervously. Lucy smiled and nodded. Silence fell over them, but he was quick to break it. "Uh.. do you want me to walk you home?" he asked.

Well, she could teleport home, but for the purpose of research she decided she'd agree. Totally just for the purpose of research. Lucy nodded. "Yeah, sure" she smiled. He nodded and walked over the thief who was still lying on the ground. "He's going to be fine, right?" she asked.

"Yeah! The web fluid's going to melt in two hours" he said. Lucy nodded.

"Okay, cool" she said. "It's this way" she said as they walk down the block. Lucy cleared her throat, trying to break the silence. "I'm Lucy, by the way. I think we haven't properly met" she said.

"I'm Spider Man" he answered. Lucy mentally rolled her eyes. She needed his real name. That's why she risked her phone in the first place, was to know who he really was.

"So.. is this what you do everyday?" she asked, turning to him. He nodded.

"Yeah. You know.. just sticking out for the small guys" he said.

"Don't you go to school?" she asked. "Sorry, I was just assuming you're still a teenager" she added. He nodded.

"Yeah, I do still go to school, actually. It's hard to balance it all, but you know.." he said. Lucy nodded in understanding. She scoffed.

"Trust me. I'd know that better than anyone" she said. Lucy could feel her phone vibrating in her pocket. It was most probably Tony.

"Though, there was one time... it was last April, I think. I skipped school and just do this" he chuckled. Lucy turned to him and laughed.

"How'd it go?" she asked.

"I got caught, and I got detention. But, sometimes you just need the getaway, you know?" he said. His word caught her off guard. He was right. Sometimes she needs the getaway. That's something that she hasn't had in a long time. Lucy smiled at him and nodded. "Which one is yours?" he asked.

They got into a random neighborhood that Lucy had no idea about. She pointed at a random house just in front of them. "There's mine" she said. The two stopped at the random house. "Thank you, for walking me home" she said. He nodded.

"Well, it's kind of my job so.." he said. A laugh escaped Lucy's lips. Lucy nodded at him.

"Good night, Spider Man" she said. He nodded.

"Good night to you too, Lucy" he said before swinging away. It was when he said her name that it hit her. Spider Man sounded oddly familiar as Peter Parker.

A/N
Hey!! I hope you guys are staying inside and safe! 🖤🖤