ELEVEN

chapter eleven;
i've got... homework

LUCY SCOFFED AND ROLLED HER EYES AT HIS ATTEMPT TO LIE. "That's all Youtube, though right? That's where you found that?" he asked as he turned to her. Lucy turned to Tony who smirked and pointed at the ceiling. "Because you know that's all fake. It's all done on a computer" he said.

Lucy glanced up at the ceiling and back to Peter. "Yeah?" she asked. White orbs started to formed on her palm as she pointed her fingers to the ceiling. She sent a force to open it, letting Peter's suit fall. "Oh, there you go" she said as Peter quickly pushed his suit into the laundry basket.

Tony smirked. "So, you're the Spider Ling? Crime fighting spider? Spider Boy?" he asked. Peter sighed.

"Spider Man" he muttered. Tony scoffed.

"Not in that onesie you're not" Tony commented.

"It's not a onesie" Peter said. Lucy picked up his suit, observing it. She could already think of a million upgrades for his suit. She practically is designing his new suit in her mind. "I don't believe this. I was actually having a really good day, Mr. Stark. Didn't miss my train, this perfectly good DVD player was just sitting there, and Algebra test, nailed it" he said. Lucy looked up to him and handed Tony the suit.

"We had Algebra test?" Lucy asked. Peter nodded.

"Yeah. Well, you wouldn't know since you weren't at school this week" he said. Lucy smiled and nodded.

"Needed a getaway" she shrugged as she sat on his bed. He turned to her, a small smile formed on his lips.

"Who else knows? Anyone?" Tony asked. Peter shook his head. "Not even your unusually attractive aunt?" he asked. Lucy frowned. She lifted her fingers and flicked a pen from Peter's desk over to Tony. "Ow! Hey! I'm kidding" he said.

Lucy rolled her eyes. "No no no no. If she knew, she'd freak out and when she freaks out, I freak out" he said.

"You know what I think is really cool? This webbing" Tony said as he pulled out the tube of the web and threw it at Peter, him catching it with his fast reflexes. Lucy raised her eyebrows in amusement. "That tensile strength is off the charts. Who manufactured that?" Tony asked.

"I did" he said, throwing the web into his laundry basket.

"How do you climb the walls? Adhesive gloves or something?" Lucy asked as she walked over to Tony. Peter shook his head.

"Uh.. it's a long story. I-"

"Lordy! Can you even see in these?" Tony asked interrupting him. Lucy rolled her eyes and took Peter's suit out of his hand.

"If you wanna hire the kid you might wanna stop making fun of him" she said as she handed the suit back to Peter. "Here you go. Sorry" she smiled. Peter returned the smile and put his suit back into his laundry basket.

Tony furrowed his eyebrows at their interactions. "Anyways, whenever whatever happened, happened.. it's like my senses have been dialed to eleven. There's way too much input, so they just kinda help me focus" he said. A chuckle escaped Lucy's lips.

"You're in dire need of an upgrade. Systemic. Top to bottom, hundred point restoration" she said. Tony nodded.

"That's why I'm here" he said. Lucy smacked his arm. "We're here- that's why we're here" he corrected himself. She smiled in satisfaction. "Why you doing this? I gotta know, what's your MO? What gets you out of that twin bed in the morning?" he asked. Lucy leaned onto the wall next to Tony, her face full of curiosity.

Peter stopped as he thought for a moment. "Because..." he paused. "Because, I've been me my whole life, and I've had these powers for six months.. I read books, I build computers. Yeah, I'd love to play football, but I couldn't then, so I shouldn't now" he said.

Lucy nodded in understanding. "Because you're different" she said. Peter turned to her and nodded.

"Exactly" he said. "But, I can't tell anybody that, so I'm not" he added. He sighed before continuing. "When you can do things that I can, but you don't... and then the bad things happen, they happen because of you" he said.

She was taken aback by his words. That wasn't what she was expecting, but he was right. Footage of what happened in Sokovia that Ross played flashed in her mind. Sure, they saved the world, but they left a heck of a mess behind. She couldn't help but felt guilty, because it was her fault after all.

"So you wanna look out for the little guy, you wanna do your part?" Tony asked. "Make the world a better place, all that?" he added. Peter nodded.

"Yeah, just looking out for the little guy" he said. Tony nodded and turned to Lucy. She raised her eyebrows and smiled. He nodded and walked over to Peter's bed, sitting beside him.

"Do you have a passport?" Tony asked, patting his shoulder. He laughed as he shook his head.

"No, I don't even have a driver's license" he said. Lucy shrugged.

"That can be arranged" she said. Tony nodded. Peter furrowed his eyebrows.

"What's that supposed to mean?" he asked.

"Have you ever been to Germany, headphones?" she asked.

"No"

"Oh, you'll love it" Tony said.

"I can't go to Germany!" he said. Lucy furrowed her eyebrows.

"Why?" she asked. Peter paused for a moment before answering.

"I've got... homework" he said. Tony groaned and Lucy rolled her eyes in response.

"I'm just going to pretend you didn't say that" she replied. He turned to Lucy.

"I'm being serious! I can't drop out of school, okay? I'm not a genius like you!" he said. She turned to him and scoffed.

"Okay, first of all, I know I'm a genius. Second of all, I'm not dropping out of school. He isn't allowing me to go temporarily" she said, pointing at Tony. "Third of all, it's like a one week trip, headphones. You'll catch up" she added. Tony nodded.

"She's right. Now, I better tell aunt hottie I'm taking you on a field trip-" before Tony could turn the door knob, Peter shot his web at his had. Lucy raised her eyebrows in amusement and smiled at Tony.

"Don't tell Aunt May" he said. Tony nodded.

"Alright, Spider-Man" he said. A smile formed on Lucy's lips as she noticed the annoyed look on Tony's face. "Now, get me out of this thing"