TWELVE

chapter twelve;
new suit

BERLIN,
GERMANY

SHE SAT INSIDE OF THE CAR THAT WAS PARKED OUTSIDE OF THE AIRPORT. Her eyes were focused on the laptop screen in front of her. It showed the design for Peter's suit that Tony and her made. Her eyes shifted to the two figures walking out of the terminal and she closed her laptop quickly, putting it in her backpack. A smile formed on her face and she rolled down the window. "Sorry we're late!" Happy said as he pointed at Peter.

"Oh, no you're good" she said. "Hey" she said as she noticed Peter behind Happy, carrying his bag.

"Hey!" he smiled. Peter went to open the door, but Happy stopped him and told him to put his bag in the trunk. Happy went over to the driver's seat as Peter sat in the backseat with Lucy. "Hi" he said.

"Hey, how's the flight?" she asked. Happy started the engine and drove away from the airport. Peter shrugged.

"For my first time on a plane, it was great" he said. "It was kind of scary, but overall, great" he added. A chuckle escaped Lucy's lips.

"You'll get used to it" she said.

"You must travel a lot don't you?" he asked. Lucy shrugged.

"I used to. But, now I mostly just hang around at the compound, you know?" she said.

"Living with superheroes sounds cool" he said.

"I've known them since I was little so it's like living with your family. Except, they have superpowers and instead of a storage room full of junks, they have weapons" she laughed. Peter laughed along with her.

"What's the whole deal anyway? Mr. Stark told me Cap's going crazy" he said. Lucy turned to him and sighed.

"It's a long story. But, there's this accords that we should sign, but some of us, disagree with this accords" she said. "So, Cap's basically a wanted man at this point and this guy, Secretary Ross, wants us to bring him in" she added. Peter furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"Okay, hold up. So, the Avenger's falling apart?" he asked. Lucy shook her head and sighed.

"I don't know..." she said, fiddling with her fingers. She shrugged. "I hope not" she added. "They're my family, you know?" she said, turning to him. A dry laugh escaped her lips. "So, it'd suck if the Avengers break up" she added. Peter nodded in understanding.

It was silent for a moment. The two teenagers enjoying each other's company in the roads of Berlin. This was unexpected, especially for Peter. If anything he expected himself to spend his weekend by being at Ned's house building some Lego. Instead, he's sitting in a limo with the most popular girl in school, on his way to fight Captain America. If his future self go back in time and told him that, he'd laugh.

Peter pulled out his phone and started to take videos of the road. Lucy furrowed her eyebrows and smiled. "Are you doing like a documentary or something?" she asked. Peter nodded. "Well, you can't show it to anybody, though" she said.

"Yeah, I know" he said.

"Well, then let me be in it" she grinned. Peter turned to her.

"Really?" he asked.

"Yeah! Come on" she said as she took his phone out of his grip. "Hey, future Peter seeing this video!" she said to the camera. Peter sniffled a laugh. "It's Lucy! What's up?" she said. The two cracked a laugh before Peter took his phone and turned the recording off. "Hey, do you like ice cream?" she asked. Peter nodded.

"Yeah" he said. A smile formed on Lucy's lips.

"Happy, let's stop at the usual Gelato place before we get to the hotel" she said. "You're going to love German ice cream" she grinned. Yeah, he'd certainly never expect in a million years to go to an Ice Cream shop in Germany with Lucy Stark.