three

"niall?"

"yeah?"

"why is harry here?" i asked shyly. i didn't exactly know why i wanted to know that, i just did. niall sighed and let go of his xbox controller, which meant it probably was a serious topic if niall has to pause the game for it.

"well he's here for a trial period." he responded. it looked like it was painful for him to talk about it, which made me confused. how did they know each other?

"trial period?" i asked. niall frowned and nodded. for some reason it got extremely hard for me to keep eye contact with him, so instead i looked down at my hands and started fiddling with my fingers.

"he was uh, kicked out of his old school. so my mum offered to take him in here when she heard that he was transferring to our school. on a trial period of course." he assured me. i nodded along, not wanting to interrupt his thoughts.

"i understand if you're uncomfortable with him being here, he can be quite rude at times. but, just tell me if he's ever bothering you, okay?"

"i need to pee." was all i answered before i got up from his bed and walked out of his room.

i walked down the hallway into his bathroom, and quickly locked the door behind me. i didn't really have to pee that badly, but i knew that if i didn't pee at certain times of the day, accidents could happen. and accidents are not fun. especially not when you're in a classroom full of people, taking a math test. that was a bad day for me.

as soon as i was done peeing, quickly washed my hands and opened the door. i was half way to niall's room when i heard that sweet voice again. it was coming from the other side of a door, and i assumed it was harry's room.

i stood outside for a few minutes to just listen to his voice, it was beautiful. if it was beautiful when he talked normally, i would describe his singing voice as heavenly. yes, heavenly. that's what it is. if angels could sing, he'd be one of them.

i hadn't realized that the door wasn't fully closed, because all of a sudden the singing stopped and he was talking to me again.

"louis, is that you?" he asked and walked to the door, where he opened it a little wider.

"y-yes." i whispered as his emerald eyes met mine. he smiled at me, and i could've sworn that time stopped around us.

"you have a lovely voice, you should use it more often." harry said smilingly, causing me to smile as well, and he added, "your smile too."

i could feel my cheeks burn up from the blushing, so i quickly looked away from his green, dreamy eyes.

"i should... get back. uh, yeah. see you around louis." he said. it was as if something just dramatically changed in him, like if someone put out a light switch. i nodded in response, and he closed the door.

walking back to niall's room, i couldn't help myself but smile. he said my voice was lovely, my quiet, stuttering, all too feminine voice that i had learned to hate so much. he said it was lovely. lovely.

monday came all too quick, and it was with tired eyes i walked down the stairs to the kitchen to make myself some breakfast. i made my usual cereal and sat down in the same chair i sat and ate breakfast in everyday. it was part of my routine.

routines was something that was very important to me. if something didn't make perfect sense with my routines, the whole day was ruined. sometimes if i had a really bad day, a failed routine could cause me to have a panic attack. when i was younger, my mum would help me with all these things, but when my dad left, she didn't have time to anymore.

i arrived to school exactly 15 minutes before my first class, just like everyday. and just like everyday, i met up with niall, zayn and liam. it was all part of the routine.

something that was not part of the routine however, was that curly haired boy now standing besides niall.

"hey louis!" liam greeted me as i approached them. they all stood there, quite nervous looking. they all knew about my routines, and they all knew that harry, was in fact not part of it.

"hi." i responded with a faint smile. they all looked like they let out a breath they'd been holding in. i couldn't blame them though, they'd seen me have countless panic attacks due to failed routines.

we started walking into the school, just like we always did, except now we had an extra addition to the group. an extra addition, that oddly enough had not spoke yet for the whole morning.

liam was the first one to leave the group since we walked past his classroom first, then zayn. then it was just me, niall and harry left.

"you guys go ahead, i have to visit the principal to get my schedule." harry said unbothered and walked off in the other direction.

we walked for a little while longer until it was time for me to part ways with niall, as his classroom was the furthest down the hall.

"don't hesitate to text me if something happens, alright?" niall said and placed a hand on my shoulder. i nodded and smiled a little to show him that i had understood him. he nodded as well and then walked off.

the classroom was soon filled with students, and i was sat in the same spot as always. at the very back of the classroom, where no one could see me if any potential accidents would happen.

the class quickly quieres down as the teacher walked in. she was carrying a thick pile of graded papers, from our last test. i wasn't exactly thrilled at that, seeing as math wasn't my favorite subject in the world.

"okay class! today i'll be handing you your tests from-" she began before the door opened and interrupted her.

in walks i boy. a curly haired boy i'm all too familiar with. he doesn't look up, he just walks straight to the teacher and stops right beside her.

"oh right. class, we have a new student here today! harry, why don't you introduce yourself?" she asked harry smilingly, to which harry scowled.

"you just did." he replied, earning a couple of 'ooohh's and a couple of laughs from the students in the classroom. the teacher sighed and continued.

"alright class, calm down. harry why don't you take a seat, you can choose where you want to sit." she told him and he smirked.

i just prayed to every god i'd ever known that he'd not sit down beside me, which to my relief he didn't. he sat himself down beside some girl that i'd barely seen in here all semester.

he seemed so different today from how he was this saturday at niall's house. he was no longer radiating confidence and that spark in his emerald eyes was no where to be found.

i just wished i knew why.