fifteen

"i'm not going to leave you. i'd never leave you, never," he said quietly, before sighing and continuing.

"i promise."

i smiled back at him, he looked so angelic and sweet and i just wanted to pause right then and there to preserve that specific moment forever. i leaned forward to kiss him again, which he smiled at. unfortunately, before i had the chance to actually do it, the door swung open and in stormed an angry looking niall.

"what is going on in here?!" he was frantic, and if this would've been some sort of movie or book, or whatever, he probably would've been described like one of those angry outbursts that makes your face turn red and have smoke coming out of your ears.

"niall..." harry began, but trailed off when niall got closer to us.

"no! don't you dare speak, styles. don't you dare." he turned to me, "care to explain, louis?"

i felt my lips trembling and tears begin to prickle my eyes, how could i have gone from being so happy to be here with harry, to being so scared and anxious that i regret coming here at all?

"i...i, um, we were just talking..." it didn't sound convincing at all, i knew that, so i decided to keep my eyes glued to the floor. harry's hand eventually found its way onto my back, rubbing it slowly to calm me down.

"yeah, 'cause you talk to all your friends with your lips on theirs?" niall scoffed, and i felt a tear running down my cheek. "i told you he's bad news!"

"niall... come on. louis and i are friends, you can't decide who he's gonna be friends with and who he should hate, that makes for a shit friend," harry defended, and i was impressed by the way he kept his calm tone.

"louis and i. there's no louis and i for you, harry! he's not your friend, you don't have friends because you're a cold psychopath that fights people for fun!"

harry got up on his feet in less than a second, walking up so he was standing in front of niall with only mere centimeters in between them. his fists were tightly clenched to his sides and his face was stern as ever. he breathed heavily against niall, and niall kept his angry gaze at harry. for the first time in this "fight", i decided to look up to see what was going on better.

what i saw made me panic instantly. harry's hands were tightly clasped around niall's neck, making niall's face completely red and trembling. i immediately jumped up to my feet and ran up to them.

"harry... stop, please stop this. i know you can." his face was still focused on niall's red one, not even reacting to my hysterical plea. "harry. you don't have to do this, please stop. it's not worth it."  i put a hand on one of his strong arms, making him flinch at the contact and ease some of the pressure to niall's throat.

"let me go you bastard..." niall tried to croak out, although it sounded more like he was gasping for air or coughing than it was talking.

"please. i know you can, you're better than this." he seemed doubt what he was doing for a second, as if he was debating as to whether he should listen to me or not to.

tears began to fill his eyes, something i had never seen before. he seemed to be in a deep battle within himself, that he wanted to stop but somehow couldn't or that he wasn't allowed to.

"lou..." harry whispered out, voice thick with tears. in one motion, he released niall from his grip and dropped him down to the floor where he started coughing violently. he turned to me with panic in his eyes, tears making his cheeks go streaky. "help," he said before walking out through the door leaving me with a coughing niall.