nineteen

after a month of trying to be somewhat secretive about harry's and mine newfound relationship, he finally convinced me that it would be okay for us to show it in public.

seeing as i had never been in a relationship before, i didn't know how to act properly. what to do, what to say, how to react to other people's reactions and so on.

still, when we walked into school holding hands the following monday, i felt weirdly proud. this was us, and i certainly didn't care what anyone else thought about it. this was finally something that was my own and that i could have a say in.

"you okay boo?" harry asked as we passed the multiple people staring at us in the hallway.

"yeah. yeah i'm good." he nodded and gave my hand an extra squeeze as we continued walking towards our lockers.

thing is, i wasn't at all nervous as to how the rest of the school would react, it was more like i was nervous as to how niall, liam and zayn would react to everything. they were already not speaking with me, and they'd been avoiding me ever since that little accident with harry, which didn't exactly make things easier.

i stopped in front of my locker, making harry stop abruptly as well. "this is my locker."

"i know, love." harry chuckled and leaned on the lockers in front of him, i gave him a quick smile before letting go of his hand. he frowned immediately and stepped closer. "what's wrong? did i do something?"

"no, not at all. i... just don't know he the others will react."

"i think most people haven't thought anything much of it, i mean sure they were looking at us when we walked in but they weren't saying anything about it." he put his hand up on my cheek, caressing it gently. "it's nothing to worry about, baby."

"but the boys..."

"will have to be supportive, yes."

"they haven't as much as glanced my way in a month, maybe they already don't want anything to do with me... imagine when they find out about this."

harry sighed and pressed a quick peck on my forehead. "it's okay. maybe they just don't know how to approach you, i'm sure they're not mad at us still."

"should i talk to them?" i asked. it wasn't like i needed his permission to talk to the boys, but it still felt weird if i didn't ask him. he was my boyfriend after all, and he'd been so incredibly good to me during the short time we'd been together.

"do whatever you want to do. i'll still be here baby, you know that." i blushed at the pet name, they had tripled in the last month and i wasn't complaining at all.

after getting my books and sharing a quick goodbye kiss with harry, i started making my way towards the classroom. this was the class i dreaded the most on mondays, it was english class and i knew for a fact that all three boys would be in it as well.

as predicted, they were sitting at the far back table, liam and zayn next to each other while niall was sitting alone at the table in front of them. the seat that used to be mine was now accompanied by niall's green book bag.

i slowly walked up to the table, making eye contact with liam who looked extremely anxious every time a took a step closer to them. i finally came to a halt right in front of the table niall was sitting at.

"hi..."

"louis?" liam said, making niall turn his head to look at me, zayn following suit.

"um, can i sit here?" i asked, gesturing towards the empty seat next to niall.

"don't you want to sit with harry instead?" niall asked with a blank face, before turning his attention back to zayn.

"he's not in this class and...well, i miss you guys..." i responded even though it was barely louder than a whisper. liam glanced at me with a worried expression, i knew for a fact that he felt bad about this whole situation.